Chapter 23: Giving Buggy a Bath

Morning came and both ships came to a stop on an island, Lydia knew Buggy needed a bath soon so Cabaji, Mohji, Mihawk, and Luffy search for a lagoon

Morning came and both ships came to a stop on an island, Lydia knew Buggy needed a bath soon so Cabaji, Mohji, Mihawk, and Luffy search for a lagoon. This island had had tons of lagoon pools and were like hot tubs. Once they found one privately and perfectly, Lydia took Buggy to the Lagoon. He was not happy to take a bath, "Buggy we need to clean you up. Especially that wound!"

Buggy tried to squirm and whine as Lydia dragged him. She was very strong for how small she was compared to him, "Captain...as your...first mate...I order you to...take a bath!" He then fell in the lagoon and screamed thinking he will go stiff.

"Let me out! I'll drown!!!" Buggy screamed. He then stopped realizing he wasn't stiff.

"It's not salt water, Buggy," Lydia giggled at him, "but you need to take your clothes off if I have to soap you up, Captain~"

"......oh. Right," Buggy then chuckled to himself with relief and feeling silly.

He stripped off his clothes while he was still in the pool and tossed them up onto the side of the lagoon. He pulled off his bandana and ducked down under the water to wet all of his hair, "I guess this isn't so bad," he said, the clown makeup around his eyes and mouth were now running.

Lydia giggled and grabbed the soap and shampoo for him. She put soap on a scrub brush and scrubbed him up. Buggy shook his head as she scrubbed his body, "I don't wanna have sex with a stinky captain," she giggled.

"Hey! I'm not stinky!" he protested. He then lifted his arm, sniffed up and made a face, "okay maybe just a little, but that's because I've been sweating with the fever."

"And you haven't had a bath since...well...the shipwreck...if you count salt water," she giggled.

He then looked at her and smirked, "so, if you get in the water with me will you get your tail. I didn't get a proper look at it before."

"I took a bath earlier...but if you want to see my tail, it will cost you, Captain~"

"Oh really?" Buggy smirked, "so now we're having to do deals. I'm listening...."

"I want a baby," she smirked maybe Buggy surprised, "not now, but after we stop fighting pirates."

She knew it would be soon, because she wanted so desperately to have a family, but she partly felt Arlong somehow could still be alive.

"Oh. Wow. A baby. Okay....," Buggy wasn't sure how to feel about this. He worried that living as a pirate wouldn't be a stable life to bring up a child, so he was unsure, "....I'm flattered that you'd want a baby with me. But....what if it had my nose?"

"...so? I always told you have a cute nose. It doesn't matter what others think."

"But you're a Princess. It wouldn't be great for the baby to have to live with a deformed nose like mine," he looked down.

"...," Lydia was hurt, "so you're saying...you don't...want me...and you don't want a family?" She looked down hurt, "so that night we made love, didn't mean anything to you? You just did to get me out of Arlong's marriage? Is that it?"

Lydia was hurt. She got up and walked from him and dived into the sea not even looking back

Buggy was hurt now too. He did want Lydia and she'd misunderstood him completely and then not given him a chance to explain. Now she'd left him. Sadly he finished washing up and got dressed. Then made his way back to the ship.

Once he got to the ship, he heard a loud scream from the ocean, "BUGGY!!!?"

Buggy looked around in the water worriedly, but couldn't see her anywhere. Suddenly she leaped out of the water and clamped onto the side of the ship, but not close to reach to him, "BUGGY! HELP!!!"

Suddenly someone else leaped out and clamped onto her. It was Arlong....but how!?