Chapter 4: Rescued by a Old Friend

1 year later....

     Lydia woke up by noises outside of the park. There was a fight going on. Just then the door opened and Kuroobi stood there looking panicked. He was Arlong's first mate and it wasn't like him to look flustered, "you're coming with me. Arlong has ordered you be taken to the oubliette."

Lydia knew the oubliette was where Arlong threw prisoners when he wanted to forget they existed. There was no escaping the oubliette. Prisoners died there.

"It's for your safety. There's a threat. Your life is in danger."

Just when she was taken away he was hit in the back of his shoulder. Lydia sensed this was her chance so she ran from him in to the forest. She could hear sounds of fighting going on, but she didn't know who it was who had launched an attack on Arlong's stronghold, but she had to take the opportunity to escape. While she kept running, she didn't see where she was going and tripped. It was one of Arlong's traps and got her leg trap in a trap similar to a bear trap. The pain was unbearable that she screamed in pain. She then tried to pull it apart, but she was feeling so weak.

Arlong was fighting against the captain who was none other than...Buggy himself.

"This is a big mistake you're making, clown!" Arlong tried to slice his sword through Buggy, but of course his torso separated where he'd cut through him.

"Actually no....YOU made the mistake by destroying the village that you did!!"

Arlong growled in frustration, not being able to cut Buggy, "this better not be about...her."

Buggy scowled, his cross bones tattoo scrunching on his brow, "WHERE IS SHE?!"

"Like I'd tell you..."

Buggy detatched his hand and pressed one of his gas pellets he kept in his wrist strap, right by Arlong's face. The red mist shrouded Arlong and as he breathed in he fell dizzy and collapsed unconscious.

Suddenly thats when he heard a scream in the forest. He then ran through the battlefield to find where the scream came from. Once in the forest he came to a short red hair young woman. Her leg was badly injured in one of Arlong's traps. So he ran to her to help her.

"Don't move...the more you struggle the more you'll injure yourself," he told her.

He crouched down and used his gloved hands to pride each side of the trap open and released her leg. He pulled a spare bandana from his coat pocket and bound her wound with it.

Lydia started to cry as the pirate fixed her up. He helped her up, but she couldn't walk, so instead he picked her up in his arms bridal style and rushed her to his ship.

Arlong groaned getting up and saw Buggy running with his wife in his arms. He was outraged. "STOP HIM!!! STOP THAT FREAK!!! HE HAS HER!!! HE IS STEALING MY QUEEN!"

Arlong's men all ran towards the port, as did Buggy's crew who had been fighting them. Buggy quickly set her down on a stool as he ran to the helm, shouting orders to his crew who were on board.

"All hands on deck! Full sails! Weigh anchor! Get that gangplank up!"

As the final members of his crew boarded and the ship began sailing away, Buggy yelled more orders.

"Launch the starboard canons, fire the gas!"

They began to fire canons at Arlong and his men, and red flares went up, but they contained the sleeping gas. Buggy ran to her and covered her nose and mouth with a hanky so she didn't breathe it in. He then picked her up over his shoulder, which made her squeal.

"Sorry, baby, I can run quicker this way," he ran down the stairs below deck and took her to his cabin.

Once she was in his cabin, she felt something wasn't right. She then started screaming against his hanky and tried to get away from him thinking now he was gonna have his way with her. Once he set her down. She was shaking and crying with her hands out. She was now cowering in fear.

"...d-don't...r-rape..m-me p-please...I-I c-can't...it...a-anymore..."

He then realized Arlong traumatized this poor village girl. "It's okay, I won't do that to you. I'm not a rapist. Cross my heart. You're safe here, I promise."

Lydia froze when he said the words, "cross my heart". She had a flashback of Buggy saying that all the time to her as kids. Wait...was he...was it...no it couldn't be Buggy. He wouldn't come for her, not after all these years. He broke his promise obviously. He lied to her she felt.

"R-really? You really promise?"

"I promise," he took his captain's hat off and tucked his long blue hair into his striped bandana, "Look at me...I swear I won't hurt you."

His red nose, blue hair and bright green eyes also reminded her of Buggy. But was the nose real? He was wearing clown makeup around his mouth after all. She came up to him hesitantly and touched his nose. It was real.

"...sorry," she looked down sadly hoping that didn't make him mad. Buggy always hated his nose. Made him insecure about himself.

He held his gloved hand up, but managed to remain calm. She had been through trauma after all, "....its....fine. Just.....don't touch it or talk about it again, okay?"

When he held his hand up she also noticed the friendship bracelet on his wrist.

"Where did...you get that?"

He looked at the bracelet that was tattered and old now, "a friend made it for me a long time ago," he reached into his vest-shirt and pulled out her bracelet that he found on the beach, ".....this one was hers."

Lydia was in shock. She looked at her wrists noticing it had been gone this whole time. It was him. She tried to stay calm, but Buggy obviously kept his promise...he was just too late.

"She must be...very important to you..."

"You have no idea," he said softly, "her name is Lydia. Arlong had her, did you see her anywhere on the Canomi islands?"

"...n-no...but I think she was in my village. I'm the last one...he...forced her to marry him...I noticed....," she looked down.

Buggy's eyes glistened with tears and his jaw twitched with fury. He stood up and turned away from her. Then punched the wall of the cabin in frustration.

"Ow! Aaagghh," he growled and rubbed his fist. It was hard taking all of this in. Arlong had married Lydia?!

He took a deep breath. He had to hold it together. Whoever this girl was she clearly needed help.

"I'm sorry that happened to you...I'll help you however I can. Do you have any family or friends? Wherever you need to go I can take you."

"....my parents...from the village? Did...anyone....?"

He looked down sadly and shook his head, ".....I'm sorry."

Lydia then broke down. Arlong did hurt them. This was the last thing her real parents wanted. Her to be taken away. She dropped her head as she sobbed.

"....I can see you've really been through some rough shit," he reached out and wiped away her tears with his gloved fingers, "what's your name?"

"...," she didn't know if she should tell him. She should she.

"Before I answer that are all the facts about you true?"

He looked confused.