Chapter 26: Buggy vs Arlong

        Buggy arrived on the conomi islands in the dead of night

Buggy arrived on the conomi islands in the dead of night. He emerged from the water soaking wet, but it wasn't effecting him at all. He ran through the jungle terrain headed for Arlong park. He knew his way well. Once he arrived at Arlong's stronghold he crept up and gassed the two guards who were standing watch outside. Once they fell to the ground he sneaked inside and crept down the hallways towards Arlong's room.

On his way he passed by the main room where Arlong and some of his army were sat drinking and eating, like they were celebrating. He snuck past and headed to Arlong's room, but sadly Lydia wasn't there. He feared Arlong put her in the oubliette. He found rope and snuck out again. Once he got to the oubliette he peered in seeing a familiar short red head down below curled up in a ball.

Buggy quickly tied the rope around a nearby trees and then lowered himself into the hole

"Lydia, baby. Come on. Let's get out of here," he carefully picked her up, fastening the rope around her waist and then pulled them both back up. He carried her in his arms as he rushed towards the shoreline once more. Before he got to the waters and steal one of the boats, he was grabbed and thrown down.

"You think you are so smart, huh?" it was Arlong.

Lydia shivered and pushed herself away from him whimpering.

"I don't think it, tuna-breath, I KNOW IT!!!!" Buggy growled. He stood in front of the boat where he set Lydia down and pulled out his knives, "you want a piece of me? Let's see what you've got."

"BUGGY!" Lydia screamed as the two of them fight. She felt useless to stay back and watch.

Every hit Arlong did, Buggy dodge. He couldn't use his powers since he was still wet, but he was still able to move thanks to her locket.

Lydia stepped out of the boat and grabbed a good decent size rock and threw it at Arlong's face. He growled and turned to her. Lydia backed up scared now, so he growled coming at her and grabbed her face making her scream. He then slammed her back against the wall of one of his buildings.

"GET OFF HER, SHIT HEAD!!!" Buggy ran up behind him and stabbed him through the back with his four knives. He stuck them in as deep as they would go then pulled them out and stabbed him again and again as he screamed in anger. Arlong let Lydia go and fell to his knees and Buggy gripped his head and pulled his head back, then slit his throat.

Lydia covered her face shaking as Buggy did this.
Arlong fell down to his side, but Buggy wasn't finished yet. Arlong was slowly dying now and looked up. Buggy frowned going deeper in his neck so he make sure he will die this time. He was cutting his neck so he would be decapitated. Arlong was choking on his blood and couldn't scream.

Once his head was completely off, Buggy pulled back and tried to catch his breath shaking for what he did.

"Ugh.....," Buggy then threw the head into the ocean and kicked the headless bloody away from them. He was now worried that Lydia would be afraid of him after what he just did.

Lydia was crying in shaking, but now felt safe when Buggy wrapped his arms around her. She wrapped her arms around his waist and broke down, "I'm sorry...I'm sorry that I ran off, I should've listened to you. You probably would explain to me everything, but I was just so hurt, but that's still no excuse."

"Hey, Lyds. Look at me...," he gently lifted her chin to look at him, "it's not your fault, I'm not mad at you."

Lydia looked up at him crying, but he brushed her tears away with his thumbs. He leaned down and kissed her. She kissed him back. She then gripped on him tightly.

Buggy then got her in the boat and got back in the ocean with her. Once back out away from Arlong parks....

"Thank you...for coming back...," Lydia finally replied.

"Thank you, for this....," He handed her the locket back, "I couldn't have saved you without this."

Lydia smiled and took it back, "I knew it would help. I remembered you said you're Royal, I sensed it only works on royals. It didn't work on Arlong while he wore it for a year...he's gone this time...right? He can't come back?" It was too good to be true.

Buggy smiled and held her face, "yes, you're free, Lydia. He won't hurt you anymore," he leaned in and kissed her deeply. Lydia rested her hands on his sides as she kissed him back.

"I love you," Lydia teared up, "thank you. Thank you, Buggy. Thank you!" Lydia wrapped her arms around his neck she sobbed happily.

He held her tightly and comforted her, "you've been through a lot, baby. You need time now to heal. I'll take care of you, I want us to be together...and have a family," he kissed her forehead.

Lydia cried happily holding his face, "and I want you to be in my life to...and have a family to, Buggy. You're my whole life."

"You're my everything, Lydia, when I lost you again.... I wanted to die because my life is nothing without you. I want our own crew, and we can start over someplace, maybe Shells town, and set up home there. We can make another big top," he held her hands excitedly, "and.....you'll get to see my show finally!"

Lydia smiled, "but please don't hold anyone captive, Buggy," she giggled.

Buggy chuckled with her smiling, "I won't..."