Chapter 21: Lydia Saves Buggy

He flailed around, but it was no use. He couldn't swim anyway, and he certainly couldn't with no arms and legs. Plus he was so weak from the fever.

He stopped fighting it and decided to accept his fate. The ocean would be his undoing after all.

That's when he saw something. Was it one of his parts? Suddenly he felt all of his parts attached to him. He was his normal self again.

"Buggy!?" Lydia swam towards him and helped him to the surface. She looked around for the ship and swam fast to the shore. Once she was close to the shore, her tail transformed into her legs and she carried him up the ground, "Buggy?"

Buggy was in shock. He got to see her red tail. It was true...all these years thinking she was a mermaid was true, now he knew she was a princess. Buggy looked up at her in shock. Lydia held his face, "it's alright, I'm here, Buggy." She kissed his forehead, "and you're old self again."

Buggy looked down and saw his body was normal again. She did find his parts.

"You ok?"

He looked up seeing her fins where her ears would be. He now felt he was hallucinating again.

"I'm seeing fishys ," he chuckled.

"Buggy?"

"Ooo, hello sexy fish. Have you seen my first mate?"

Lydia was now worried, she helped him up and walked him to the ship.

"Oh the fishy has legs."

Lydia finally got him on board and rushed him into the cabin, "Cabaji!"

"IM UP!" He screamed waking up.

"Buggy is loosing his mind, his fever must be worse. He needs help."

Buggy started to laugh when they laid him down, "sorry...sexy fish lady, I'm taken by my first mate, L-L-Lyds...oh hi Richie, how are you boy?" He then patted Cabaji's head.

Cabaji quickly unbuckled his vest.

"Oooh easy tiger....I'm taken and not that way inclined," Buggy chuckled weakly.

"This wound is infected," Cabaji said, "I'll need to clean it up and stitch it. Then he should be fine."

"IM NOT GAY! But...there's no rule in trying..."

"BUGGY!" Lydia yelled, she knew he was sick at the moment, but was definitely crazy too.

She took his hand, but Buggy tried to pull his hand away.

"Sorry, fish lady,...I'm taken. Ooo that tickles....AHHHHHH!" He screamed as Cabaji stitched him up.

Once he finished Buggy was passed out for how painful it was and was too exhausted by the fever.

Lydia held his face worriedly.

Cabaji injected Buggy with some medication to bring his fever down

"He'll be fine now, once he wakes up."

"Thank you."

Cabaji smiled, "there's no need to thank me Miss Lydia. I would do anything for you and the captain."

She then threw her arms around him and hugged Cabaji, "You still a great member of his crew."

Cabaji smiled, "thank you, first mate," he then gave her a salute, "if you want to go and rest I can send for you when he wakes. Unless you'd rather be here when he does."

"I rather stay here for him, if that's alright?"

"It kinda does, I now have a thing for you with a tail,"he winked, "all it does is make me love you even more, because you're royal yet you've chosen to be with me. A pirate clown," he chuckled.

Lydia teared up and then kissed him.