Chapter 22: Buggy's Secret

That night, Lydia stayed alone with Buggy

       That night, Lydia stayed alone with Buggy. She was thankful her friends were able to find his pieces and save him before he got even worse.

Buggy was snoring very softly, still sleepy from the chloroform gas Cabaji had used on him to get him to settle down and keep still while he had been stitching his wound.

".....pretty fish lady....," he then mutttered softly in his sleep, ".....you look....just like her....my girl.....my Lydia....but no...sorry pretty fishy... I'm taken..."

It seemed he was dreaming of Lydia in her mermaid form in his sleep.

She smiled and whispered, "but I am her. Lydia is the pretty fish lady...Buggy...I'm a mermaid..."

"....oh my god....I always thought that....but wow....you're real. You're....my pretty fish lady..."

Lydia smiled and kissed his nose, "try to relax, Captain, I need you better, my prince."

"....mhmm....," he sighed deeply and then went back to making soft breathing sounds.

Mohji then came to her and brought her some fruit, "you must be hungry, your highness," he then looked at Buggy and sighed with relief, "he appears to be over the worst of the fever, thanks the stars. Oh and you of course," he bowed to her.

Lydia blushed, "I'm just glad he is alright...I love him more than anything. And I would do anything for him...even if it has to do anything with Arlong...," she shivered.

"....right...," Mohji looked surprised by this, but he smiled, ".....that's.....that's incredible. You're a very brave person, your majesty. And we can all see that you have a big heart."

Lydia blushed when he said that, "thank you. Sometimes I don't feel brave...not anymore, but I am glad everyone even Buggy think I am." Lydia took a hold of Buggy's hand.

"Oh he certainly does, he's talked about you for years and how you saved him from those bullies all those years ago. He'll be so proud of you once he wakes."

Buggy felt her hand holding his and gently squeezed it, "Lydia....is that you, baby?"

Lydia smiled slightly. She turned and decided to tease him, "I'm here, but Shanks is holding your hand."

"He fucking WHAT?!" Buggy snatched his hand away, "ew....," His hand then popped off and tucked beneath the pillow so Shanks couldn't reach it.

Lydia tried to hide her giggled, so she pretend to cry, "Buggy that was my hand, Shanks isn't even here..."

"He isn't.....oh, baby, I'm sorry....here...," his hand came out from the pillow and reached for hers again, "I won't ever let you go ever...."

She giggled and held his hand. "I know. I'm just teasing you, Bug'."

Mohji then let them be leaving the fruit by them.

Lydia then sat on the edge of his bed and grabbed a grape to eat. "Bug? You hungry?"