Chapter 7: Casted Away

Cabaji, Mohji, and Richie the Lion had managed to cling onto wood from the broken part of the ship. They feared for Buggy because he couldn't swim since he got his devil fruit powers. But they were loyal to their captain and would continue to search for him.

"What about the girl?" Mohji asked "the captain would want us to make sure she's safe."

Cabaji had heard Buggy speak of his beliefs that Lydia could possibly be a mermaid, so he felt she would've survived. But he knew Buggy would want them to make sure she was safe.

"We'll search for him a little longer and then we'll go look for her if we have no luck. Cactus island isn't too far from here..."

Lydia was shaking looking around the island. It was a jungle of some sorts. She realized it would be dark soon, so she started to build a shelter up in a tree.

Once the moon was rising, she finished and laid in her hammock looking hopeless. She then felt something in her pocket and seen it was Buggy's ear. She then held it close to her crying softly. She didn't think he could hear her. But we would find out soon.

While laying awake. She heard a small monkey whimpering. She tucked Buggy's ear in her pocket and came to the monkey out of her shelter. She then saw a large monkey below on the ground lifeless and saw the baby by her crying.

Her locket then glowed and the first time ever and he spoke.

"......my mama, she won't wake up," the little monkey whimpered sadly, "Will you please help me.....I'm scared. I don't want to be alone."

Lydia looked down sadly, "I can't heal her...but I can take care of you."

The little monkey sniffled and held its arms up to her, "please...I don't want to be alone."

"...I don't want be either." She gently picked him up and held him in the hammock, "I will keep you safe."

"Thank you. You're a kind human," the little monkey clung to her and snuggled close.

"And you're kind too," she then noticed he was asleep. So she tried to sleep before she did, she whispered to Buggy's ear, "night, Bug', I hope you're ok."