#33 Help

The Ladies leaned closer to their Queen, reaching to comfort her. Slowly, a gentle hand caressed the Queen's back. She inhaled. “I want to go back… home…” *Ehem* The women turned their eyes to the door, finding Lady Floran curtsying. “Uhm. Forgive me for the intrusion, your grace, but I can help get you back home temporarily.” The Queen’s eyes lightened. “Really?” “Yes, your grace. You have my word.” “How? My husband isn’t here.” Floran hitched but, “I will tell him of your departure when he arrives.” “Oh… uhm…” The Queen’s eyes fell as they dimmed. “I’m sorry but I can’t accept your offer.” Lady Floran smiled. “I understand, your grace. I shall take my leave.” The Queen nodded and she left; though she wished she didn’t. “Your grace, you made the right decision. We can’t trust her with her history with the King.” “I know but still…” “We can ask Lord Loir.” Another Lady suggested. “He’s close to the King.” A wide smile crept up onto Queen Fromena’s face. “That’s a very good idea! Why didn’t I think of that?” Queen Fromena got up. “C’mon, let’s go.”

He’s not done yet. He’s not done yet. He’s not done yet. He’s. Not. Done. Yet. Odie stood up from the wicked ground which was muddied with tears; he brushed the ones that stuck to his armour, alongside the tears on his face. He walked back to their camp. His eyes focused on a very open part of the castle; where food and people are. “Move the trebuchet in the east. I don’t want them to get in the way. He stood in front of the gate, waiting. He had bribed a soldier inside, he’s going to open the gates any minute… now. Everyone inside panicked, the lord handling the castle tried to run away, trying to avoid the death that he had caused on his people. Unfortunately his head ended up under his feet… “You caused this Fillian, and you’ll pay for it.”

“Well would you look at that... Losing three territories in a month. You guys are weaker than I thought. Heh heh heh.” King Aden saw King Fillian clench his teeth. He frowned. “When we asked for help you turned us away. Tell me why we shouldn’t do the same?” “We’re not asking for help.” “Oh really? What is it you want then?” “Cooperation.” King Aden laughed, feeling intense eyes on him. “They're the same, King Fillian. We cannot cooperate.” “But you need to.” “Really?” King Fillian furrowed his eyebrows. “Yes.” “Ha! Okay. Then why were you the ones who called a meeting and not us?” “We called to initiate and start our cooperation, we’re allies after all.” King Aden busted into a fit of laughter, his fist banging on the table as he did. “I thought the alliance meant nothing!” “We have a treaty.” “Then why didn’t you help us then?” “We were not prepared.” “So? We have a treaty.” “Again, we were not prepared, King Aden.” “Hmph!” King Aden stood up. “We refuse to cooperate. That’s final until the next meeting which WE will call, not you; on a time where you shall answer with better and honest words.” “Aden–“ “I’m in charge right now, Reme. We shall leave.” King Fillian gave a blank face. “Okay.” King Aden and his men walked out of the hall, away where no one but them were in the room. “Reme, I was thinking, we should surrender too, it won’t be much of a problem if we lose Estan anyway–“ “Aden, no.” “I am doing this as a King, Reme. Not as a friend of Solus. Maybe a bit of it was there but I am right now mostly a King. I don’t want my people to fight a war with little gain.” “It’s a port–“ “We have other ports.” “Aden...” Reme smiled. “You’ve finally grown.” “Nah, I already did. It’s just that those idiots made me really angry.”