1:Finally Home

The Avatar was glad to see Kuvira on the right side at last back where she belongs with the family who took her in. She knows it will take quite some time for anyone to truly trust her, but as long as she's trying that's what counts. 

Commander Guan has been defeated, King Wu will remain in power until the time is right to implement democracy in the Earth Kingdom, Kuvira will stay with Su and her family making amends. . . all that's left is for the avatar to return to Republic City and wait for the next obstacle to arise, which eventually, it will.

Korra finds herself smiling at that realization. She's grown so much over the years, physically and mentally. Of course, her dream, and the dream of every avatar, is to restore balance to the world, but more and more she is realizing that balance isn't something that will ever truly be achieved. It's her job to keep the world at peace the best she can, the closest thing to balance she will ever get, but it's alright. 

Now that there isn't a fight or an enemy, the only thing for her to truly worry about is Asami. She isn't naive. She knows that they will have their obstacles in life, and not everyone will be so accepting of their relationship, but as long as they have each other, that is enough for Korra. 

After this last fight though, she's realizing that more people know about their relationship which means Asami will be in more danger now that more of the world is aware that the avatar has a weakness. 

Korra sighed, dropping her head, and gripping the railings of the airship. 

"I thought you might be out here." 

At her soft voice, Korra's heart skipped a beat and she quickly replaced her worried expression with a smile, turning to Asami. 

"Yeah, just enjoying the breeze," Korra looked Asami up and down quickly, making sure not to make her staring too noticeable. 

Asami is beautiful. Korra doesn't think she has ever seen a more ethereal being in her life, and she knows she is so lucky to have her. If she ever lost her. . . 

She closed her eyes quickly, shutting out the thought as quickly as it came. 

"You may fool everyone else avatar, but you can't fool me," Asami, reached Korra, taking her hand gently. 

"What do you mean?" Korra asked innocently. 

Asami raised her eyebrow, pulling Korra closer almost forcefully making her blush, "Korra. . ."

The avatar sighed, pulling her hand from Asami's turning back to watch the horizon, "I'm just worried, that's all." 

Asami once again stepped closer to Korra, placing a hand on her shoulder making Korra relax slightly.

"About?" 

Should she tell her? Asami hates when Korra is worried about her and then she gets defensive saying how she can protect herself and that she doesn't need Korra's help. 

Asami sighed, realizing what was bothering her, "You're worried about me, aren't you?" 

Korra looked over her shoulder at her girlfriend with guilt, "I'm sorry, I know you say you can handle yourself and that you don't need my help, but. . . after what happened. . ." Korra sighed heavily, shaking her head. 

"You don't think I can handle myself anymore," Asami said, standing next to her, leaning her elbows on the railing. 

"I know you can fight, I do, but Jargala broke into your office and threatened you, Commander Guan kidnapped and brainwashed you. I just feel like. . . everyone I love would be better off without me. My enemies constantly use you all to get to me. We've been lucky so far, but luck doesn't last forever." Korra admitted quietly.