5:Something New

The poison. . .

Being chained up like an animal. . .

My bending being taken away. . .

Asami getting kidnapped. . .

Asami getting brainwashed. . .

Asami forgetting me. . .

Asami. . .

"Asami!" Korra gasped, her body slick with sweat as she stumbled out of bed quickly, startling Naga in the process as she sprinted out of her bedroom door. She was just about to burst through Asami's door to make sure she was there, that the nightmare was just a nightmare, but the door opened and Asami jumped back in surprise.

"Korra, you yelled for me, are you okay-"

Korra pulled Asami to her body, hugging her tightly, breathing out shakily, 'She's here, she's okay, I'm okay. . .'

"Korra, your trembling," Asami tried to pull away but Korra's grip held firm. "Hey. . ."

"I'm sorry," Korra whispered against her neck, "I just needed to make sure you were here and safe."

Asami giggled lightly, "I have the avatar in my home, of course, I'm safe."

After a few more seconds, they pulled away from one another and Korra wiped the sweat from her forehead with a shaky hand.

Asami looked at her with worry, "Korra, are you sure you're alright?"

Korra nodded, "This happens when I get nightmares."

Asami thought for a moment, not wanting to pressure her, "Well, how about you go shower, put on some fresh clothes and come lay down with me when you're ready, okay?"

Korra would normally decline, but she didn't want to be alone tonight, she couldn't. She hadn't had a nightmare in a while and forgot just how terrible they could be.

"Okay," Korra gave in, walking off tiredly.

Asami waited patiently in the dim light of her room for Korra, ushering Naga inside while Korra showered. She knows Korra will sleep better after a nightmare with her in the room. Eventually, Korra walked in, small bags under her eyes as she shuffled over to the bed, stopping right at the edge.

"What is it?" Asami asked gently.

Korra didn't answer, she just had a numb and vacant look on her face and Asami, simply took her hand and pulled her into bed, scooting over give her space. Korra lay still on her side, her body still trembling a bit and Asami wanted nothing more than to reach out and pull her close but she didn't want Korra to feel uncomfortable.

Instead, Asami scooted over further but Korra reached out and pulled Asami back to her until they were pressed closely together. Korra wrapped a protective and secure arm around Asami, knowing nothing will happen to her with her like this and Asami stared worriedly at her, wishing she can take the pain away.

Korra was just staring at nothing, and Asami ran her thumb across the bags under her eyes.

"Go to sleep," Asami whispered.

"I will soon, I just want to make sure we'll be safe. Make sure you're safe."

"You're not on duty, Korra," Asami reminded her.

Korra knows how pathetic she must sound but she has to make sure, "I know."

"What can I do?" Asami whispered, hating that Korra is like this and there is nothing she can do. She feels so helpless.