15: Memories

Korra and Asami arrived at the air temple hand in hand, waving at Tenzin and his family who patiently stood waiting for their arrival. Korra ran right into Tenzin's open arms while Meelo ran into Asami's.

'That little devil,' Korra thought. 

"We meet again beautiful woman!" Meelo exclaimed, kissing Asami on the cheek. 

Asami giggled, kissing his cheek as well before greeting Ikki and Jinora, and speaking with them softly, the sight warmed Korra's heart. 

"I heard about what happened," Tenzin said quietly. 

Korra sighed, "I came here to somehow figure out what we can do, but I don't want to bring too many people into this fight, it isn't fair." 

"It never is, but you and Asami both are family and we protect family," He told her. "I can arrange for night gliders to patrol the city and keep an eye out for danger. Lin filled me in on Asami's invention, that will be a big help as well. She's a smart woman." 

Korra looked back at Asami who was holding Rohan in her arms, blowing raspberries into his cheeks. Spirits, she's beautiful. 

"We'll come up with a plan that minimizes damage to the city and people's homes, but you have the airbender's support." 

Korra smiled up at the son of Aang, "Thank you." 

Pema reached Korra and embraced her tightly, "I missed you, sweet girl." 

Korra smiled, "I missed you too." 

"I hope you guys are hungry, I'm making lunch." She said sweetly. 

Asami walked over grabbing Korra's hand, giving the avatar a pointed look, "She's always hungry." 

Korra blushed, averting her gaze and Pema only shook her head in amusement unaware of the double meaning behind Asami's words. 

"Well, we have a room set up in one of the houses outside the temple for the two of you, so get settled in and we will see you in a bit." 

"Thank you, Pema," Korra said, pulling Asami behind her. 

When they reached the small house, Korra stepped inside, relaxing at the cozy familiar setup, happy to be in a place that was much easier to navigate than the mansion. She started putting their things inside the bedroom while Asami stayed in the living area. There were some photos here and there of Korra with Tenzin and his family throughout the years. Asami walked around looking at them all. There was even a photo of Korra with her parents along with Pema and Tenzin that looked like it was taken a little before Korra left for those three years. 

Asami's mood depleted a little, and she sighed softly, looking away from the photos. She turned around surprised to see Korra watching her curiously, but once she saw Asami's sad expression she walked up to her slowly. 

"Are you alright?" Korra asked. 

Asami nodded, kissing the avatar, "I'm great." 

Korra opened her mouth to say something but Asami walked around her, "And I'm also hungry." 

Korra didn't understand what just happened, but kept quiet, "Um, okay." 

"Let's go, Avatar." 

Their walk was quiet but comfortable. Asami looked to be deep in thought but Korra knew better than to interrupt. They arrived at Tenzin's quickly, entering the home and salivating at the smell of food. 

"The food will be right out!" Pema called from the kitchen. 

Tenzin looked at Meelo, "Go help your mother."