17: Promise

For the next two days, Korra and Asami couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Now that Korra is immensely better at controlling herself while in bed with Asami, the pair couldn't seem to stop, always wanting each other, always finding ways to pleasure one another.

Away from the city and their problems, they thrived as a couple growing more connected and more in love if it was even possible. The two were in the shower this time, both breathing heavily, coming down from their sexual high, and holding each other closely under the falling water.

Asami turned Korra around so she can wash her hair for her, finally getting to the task they originally got in the shower for, "Your hair is growing pretty quickly, it's about an inch past your shoulders now."

Korra hummed a response, feeling a little tired after what had just transpired between the two, also feeling very relaxed at the current scalp massage her girlfriend was giving her.

Asami giggled, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, you just. . . wore me out Miss Sato. I'm a little sleepy now," Korra said quietly, closing her eyes while Asami scrubbed her scalp gently with her nails.

"Well, I do apologize, Avatar," Asami grinned, proud of herself for pleasuring Korra that intensely.

Korra chuckled softly, yawning a bit and Asami tilted her head back to rinse out her hair, leaning over to kiss the side of Korra's face. The avatar turned around slowly, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend lovingly, holding her close.

"I love you, Asami," She whispered in her ear.

Asami smiled, "I love you too."

Suddenly Korra let out a small breath, pulling away and allowing reality to take hold again, "Lin called earlier, and today Mako and Bolin are arriving here at the temple. We will tell them everything and figure out a plan for everyone involved."

Asami frowned, "Okay."

Korra hated that she needed to be the one to ruin their moment, but it was inevitable, "I'm sorry for ruining this."

Asami caressed her face, "You didn't ruin anything, it was happening sooner or later. I'll have the mech-watchers done in a few weeks and give them a test run. By then, hopefully, our plan is complete and we'll have more intel on whoever these people are."

Korra nodded, placing her hands on Asami's hips, "I just want you to know that these next few weeks if I'm hovering too much or too annoying just let me know. I already know I'm going to worry a lot and I'll want to know where you are and what's going on and I don't want you to think I don't trust you can take care of yourself, I'm just-"

Asami kissed her, grinning against her lips, "I've already mentally prepared for that Korra."

Korra laughed, shaking her head, "Of course you have."

"C'mon, let's finish up and spend a little more time together before they get here."

Korra smiled, "Of course."

When the pair finished they lounged in the living space on the couch. Asami had brought some of her work with her, so she was writing and drawing up plans and ideas while Korra's head was in her lap, in and out of a sleepy state, trying not to succumb completely knowing they'll have to leave in a bit to greet Mako and Bolin.

"You can sleep Korra, I can wake you when it's time to go," Asami told her softly, not taking her eyes off the papers in her hands.

Korra looked up at her, smiling at the glasses that were on her face, almost forgetting she had them. She looks so professional and beautiful with them on, and with her hair framing her face as well while she worked, Korra wished she could watch her forever in this exact moment just admiring her.