21: Long Night

The next morning Korra woke up to an empty bed and she sat up in question, covering her naked body with the blanket. Naga was also gone so she assumed Asami took her to wherever she went which wouldn't have been necessary since Asami has guards. The avatar got ready quickly, rushing out of the bedroom and down the steps not even noticing Kuvira walking down as well, nearly knocking her down. 

"Hey!" 

Korra reached the ground floor and turned around sheepishly, "Sorry Kuvira." 

"What's the rush?" 

"I figure Asami went to the lab to work so I'm going to go help her out," Korra stated to which Kuvira furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Asami left pretty early with Naga but she didn't go in the direction of the lab, she went somewhere else," Kuvira said. 

"How do you know?" 

"I saw her leave," Kuvira shrugged, walking in the direction of the kitchen.

"Why would she need Naga?" Korra questioned quietly. 

Kuvira stepped closer to the avatar examining her face with a smirk, "What happened to your cheek? Lost a match to someone?"  

Korra lifted her hand slowly to her face and realized why Asami took Naga, growing angry with her girlfriend, "Of course, she went to that damn shop!" 

"What?" 

Korra gave Kuvira a quick rundown of what happened the day prior and the earthbender sighed with a shake of her head, "Well I'm sorry to hear that." 

"She's using Naga to track back to the shop, c'mon," Korra motioned for Kuvira to follow her and she complied without hesitation, running out the door behind the avatar. 

"What do you think she'll do?" Kuvira asked. 

"I don't know! Cause a scene, get hurt, who knows at this point?" Korra answered worriedly.

The two ran through the city barely breaking a sweat. Korra was annoyed, embarrassed, and upset that Asami would up and leave to do this without considering her safety knowingly, with everything going on. 

When they reached the shop, Asami was outside with the old woman arguing with her, the guards in the background not really knowing what to do. Asami's hands were gesturing wildly as she spoke which upset the woman even more, who decided to put her finger in Asami's face as if scolding her and Asami's fists clenched at her sides. 

Oh no

Asami took a step forward but before she can do anything else Kuvira stepped between the two while Korra pulled Asami back by her arm, forcing her to face her. Asami was shocked at Korra's sudden appearance but she was still very angry and she looked back at the old woman with disgust. 

"I hope you know I'm filing a report for discrimination, assault on the avatar, and a hate crime!" Asami yelled to her, face red. 

"Do whatever you want, I have the right to sell to whoever I please! And I don't sell to gay people so get off my property!" The woman shouted, rushing into her shop with a slam of the door. 

Asami stomped over furiously, kicking the door and muttering under her breath, turning back towards Korra who stood still, watching her with a look of disappointment. 

"What?" Asami snapped, not appreciating that look. 

Korra didn't say anything to Asami, she only called Naga over to her side, petting her snout softly. Kuvira looked between the two awkwardly, walking up to Korra.