8:Emotions

Korra ducked once more at yet another large boulder Kuvira threw her way, rolling to the side and grinning from ear to ear, making Kuvira frustrated. 

"Is that all you got?" Korra taunted. 

Kuvira smirked, "Let's not forget Avatar, I've beaten you in combat before." 

"Oh please, I was at my weakest point, anyone could have beat me," Korra threw rock after rock at Kuvira who easily dodged her attacks, "Good thing I'm not that weak anymore." 

Korra threw a gust of air at Kuvira's chest throwing her onto her back and making her lose her breath temporarily. 

"Okay, okay," Kuvira coughed in defeat. 

Korra stood straight, walking over to Kuvira reaching out a hand to help her up. Kuvira smirked, swiping her leg, knocking the avatar onto her back locking her body in place with concrete before crossing her arms in triumph. 

Korra was shocked but a little annoyed, "You tricked me!" 

Kuvira laughed, kneeling next to the avatar's trapped body, "Don't ever expect a battle to be fair, not everyone is as noble as you." 

Kuvira released Korra who stood up grumbling under her breath, brushing herself off. She watched as Kuvira stretched her aching muscles, rubbing the back of her neck that was bruising. 

Korra winced at the sight, not realizing the force she used to knock her back, "Take a seat," She motioned for Kuvira to sit on a nearby rock, before using the water to coat Kuvira's back, the liquid glowing during the healing process. 

Kuvira hissed lightly at first before relaxing, "Thanks." 

"I didn't mean to do that." Korra said. 

Kuvira shook her head in amusement, "Yes you did." 

Korra rolled her eyes, noticing how down Kuvira really was for the first time, "Is everything alright?" 

Kuvira was surprised at the question, and looked into Korra's eyes cautiously, ". . . Yeah." 

Korra raised a brow knowingly and Kuvira sighed, "I've been thinking a lot about. . . Baatar." 

"Oh," Korra remembered how Kuvira almost killed her fiance, not knowing how to even advise her about the matter. 

"I've apologized endlessly and he has finally forgiven me. I know things will never be the same and we probably won't end up back together, but. . . I miss him. I love him." Kuvira sighed sadly. 

Korra was surprised Kuvira was sharing this with her, she didn't strike her at the open type but looks can be deceiving. 

"Well, if you know this then it's just a matter of time before you heal enough to be able to move on." Korra told her truthfully. "I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but sometimes it's necessary and it will hurt at first but you'll get through it." 

Kuvira shook her head, "You're right, that isn't what I want to hear at all." 

Korra pressed her lips together guiltily, "Before I left, I realized how I felt about Asami, I knew that I saw her in a way I hadn't before but I didn't let her come with me. I pushed her and everyone else away, I was embarrassed. During our letters, I thought, it's been three years and there is no way that she'd feel the same way when I came back so I started to try and move on from her. For a time, it was working and it hurt, but then I learned she also felt the same which changed everything." 

"So. . . you think there might still be a chance?" Kuvira asked hopefully.

"I'm saying that it isn't impossible," Korra replied.