6:Drunk State

Asami's mouth was hanging open at the sight of her girlfriend, she was concerned but didn't want to ruin her fun. Korra had already told her she had never had alcohol before but Asami at least thought she would be sensible with the amount she would consume. Asami had been drinking as well and was a little more than tipsy but still had a fairly sound mind.

She was wrong about Korra though.

"Avatar! Avatar! Avatar!"

Everyone was rooting for the avatar as she downed yet another tall glass of alcohol, stumbling on her feet, cheering along with them for what, she'll never know.

Asami was elated that Korra was having fun after their amazing dinner, but it was starting to get out of hand as it usually does at this hour. Without another thought, Asami stood up and made her way to her girlfriend, taking her hand and putting her mouth close to her ear.

"Let's go home," Asami told her.

Korra looked at her with clouded eyes and pouted, "Already?"

Asami nodded, "Yes."

Korra sighed, "Fine."

"No way, the avatar can't leave! She's the life of the party right now!" A man reached out and grabbed Asami's arm pulling her back roughly probably assuming she was Korra in his drunken state, but Asami grimaced in pain.

Korra noticed this and clenched her fist, pulling Asami back to her while punching the air, sending the man flying back with a gust of wind. Amidst her drunkenness, she didn't see the figure out of her peripheral, and he punched Korra hard in her jaw, knocking her to the ground.

Asami gasped, kneeling next to her, examining her face about to drag her to the car when Korra stood up slowly, angrily, and ready to fight.

Korra was dangerous sober when she wanted to be, but drunk? Asami can already see the headlines and none of them appealed to her.

"Korra, don't," Asami stepped in front of Korra, but the avatar gently pushed her aside before using the ground beneath them to form concrete restraints around the man's ankles, before sending forceful air punches his way causing the people around them to run and scramble to leave.

Asami tried to get her to stop, even as the guy started to get dizzy, close to passing out, but she couldn't. Asami's eyes widened and she grabbed Korra's arm tightly, yanking her a bit.

"Korra!"

Korra's eyes snapped to Asami's, the white glow of the avatar state shocking her. In only a few seconds, Korra snapped out of it, still drunk and very confused, but Asami didn't wait around, she pulled Korra behind her as they ran to the car, hopping inside.

Asami had scheduled for a driver to come to take them back home since she knew they'd be drinking, but she had never intended for this.

"Go!"

The driver sped off and Asami realized they left just in time because the police and the press just showed up.

Asami sighed and looked over at Korra in disbelief. Korra's head was leaning against the window but she sat up a bit, looking blankly outside. Asami didn't say a word, she was upset that tonight turned out the way it did, it wasn't meant to end like this. She rubbed her temples, disappointed in herself for letting Korra drink that much.

Once they arrived at the house, Asami hastily got out of the car, Korra stumbling behind, both girls upset at the night's turn of events. Asami went to go upstairs but paused when Korra went in the direction of the kitchen which made her roll her eyes.

"What now?" She whispered to herself.

When she walked in Korra was water bending, creating a sphere and turning it to ice before placing it against her now bruised jaw which has slipped Asami's mind until now. Even from here, Asami can see the dark purple bruise forming.