2:Living Arrangements

It's been a long time since Korra stepped foot in Asami's home but not much really changed. It's still expansive, still impressive, and still filled with very expensive items Korra hopes she doesn't accidentally break or damage. 

"Welcome home," Asami said with a smile, starting to take Korra's things off of Naga's back. Korra immediately took over, nudging Asami to the side.

"I got it," She said, grabbing the rest of her things as her companion stretched out her large body. Naga must be exhausted because as soon as the items were removed, she dropped down onto the smoothly polished floor and immediately fell asleep. 

Korra and Asami chuckled. 

"C'mon, I want to show you around again so you don't wind up lost," Asami took her hand pulling her along. 

She showed Korra the entire home. The offices, labs, pool area, recreation center, the gym, kitchen. . . once they got to the bedrooms, Korra got nervous. 

Would Asami expect her to share a room with her indefinitely? They've slept in the same bed before during their travels, but now they are living together, as a couple. One thing will lead to another eventually which is something they haven't done yet, and Korra wasn't sure she was quite ready for that yet. 

Asami opened one of the doors, "This is my room." 

Korra stood in the doorway, an impressed look on her face. The room was massive, probably bigger than her entire house back home with an attached walk-in closet and bathroom. The room was so, Asami

Asami was talking about the contents of her room, like her mini work station for new inventions and ideas, her books, and even her vanity but Korra remained in the doorway awkwardly. 

'Why am I acting this way? Stop being weird!' Korra thought to herself. 

Her awkwardness didn't go unnoticed by Asami, who eventually stopped talking, watching Korra with concerned eyes. The avatar was looking around the room, but Asami knew there was something else on her mind. 

"Korra?" 

Korra's eyes snapped to hers, filled with doubt and worry. Asami's expression softened. 

"You don't need to stay in here with me," Asami walked up to her, taking her hands. 

Korra visibly relaxed, avoiding eye contact with her girlfriend, "I know we've shared a bed before, but I-" 

"I understand," Asami smiled, kissing her softly. 

Korra looked at her sheepishly, "You're not upset?" 

"No," Asami responded. 

"I know I should feel more comfortable and secure, especially with you, I'm just- I don't know why I feel like this- If you could just give me a few days, maybe-" 

Asami cut her off with another kiss, making Korra's head spin, "Korra, I understand." 

She led Korra out into the hallway, walking down further to a door near the end, opening it gently revealing another large and impressive bedroom that was already set up with watertribe trinkets and accessories, even a large bed for Naga. She already knew what Korra would want, hell, she already knew Korra would agree to stay with her, and prepared accordingly. 

Korra couldn't help herself when she pulled Asami in for a tight embrace, kissing her cheek, "Thankyou for understanding." 

"Of course," She smirked, "I'll let you get settled in, I have some paperwork in my office that is long overdue, but I'll see you tonight. The cook is making quite the feast for our return, so be hungry."