22: Clarity

"They're finished." Asami smiled to herself, wiping the sweat from her brow proudly. Korra wrapped a loving arm around her, pulling her close, so proud of all the hard work that her girlfriend put into the invention.

The entire gang was in the workshop to be there for the finishing touches of the mecha-watchers, anxious to figure out how to install them around the city as soon as possible.

"When can we head out to put them up?" Mako asked in a serious tone, eager to get to work.

"Easy fire-boy, she just finished," Kuvira smirked, her arms crossed impressed with the CEO.

"Lin thinks she found a few potential hideouts when we are able, we'd like to install some mecha-watchers in those locations first, and then-"

"Mako, relax. . . just give us a minute to take it all in. The plan isn't for two days yet," Bolin said to his brother, which upset him.

"Yeah well, you don't have the chief of police down your back and promises to uphold," Mako snapped, making everyone look at him in question.

Asami's eyes widened slightly at his slip-up, shaking her head desperately.

"Promises?" Korra questioned.

Asami stayed silent, and she was practically shooting daggers at Mako with her glare, who looked back at her apologetically.

Korra looked at him in question, "What are you talking abo-"

"Well, would you look at that?!" Varrick entered the lab obnoxiously, with President Moon by his side with a smile.

Asami was relieved by his presence for once and rushed over to the pair with a smile, "What do you think?"

Zhu Li looked at all the mecha-watchers in wonder, "There are so many of them, they're so small."

"Well, we want the install them throughout the entire city, and they aren't easily noticed," Asami said happily, smiling at the President, "Thank you, you for the funding by the way. I really appreciate it."

Zhu Li grinned, "Of course, anything for my brilliant friend."

"Have you gotten word from Lin?" Mako asked her eagerly.

She nodded, "Yes, she already informed me about the potential hideouts and I think they are a great start to install these. Tenzin has a team of airbenders coming this afternoon to start putting some up, so you all can take a breather."

"I'd like to oversee their work, if you'll allow it, President Moon," Mako offered.

Zhu Li shrugged, "I mean, if you want, Mako. . ."

"Thank you."

"I'll have this place on lockdown, secured properly until the team arrives to distribute the mecha-watchers. Normally, we'd announce a project this impressive but considering the circumstances, we'll hold off on any kind of announcement until we find out more about these new enemies." Zhu Li said.

Korra nodded, "That's a great idea. Wouldn't want them to find out they'll be watched from all angles."

"Now that the invention is complete, all that's left is to enact the plan, capture them, and take them in for questioning. Having a truth-seer may be a good idea too so we don't have to pry so deep." Kuvira suggested.

"The only one I know of is Toph," Korra replied, pinching the bridge of her nose. "She isn't someone who is exactly easy to convince to do. . . well anything."

"Leave that to Opal and I," Bolin interjected, "We'll get her here before the plan is enacted."

"We don't even know who they are." Asami sighed.