Prolouge Act Part 5: Travels Part 2

Tanjiro and Sumire were currently waiting out the blizzard, and Kaiji was talking about his journeys around Japan.

Keiji: Anyway kids, I've been around the country a lot and found multiple things you'd be interested in. First off, in Tokyo, there is a bustling and glamorous part of the city called Kanemizu. Or as the foreigners call it, "Golden Waters". A place where multiple people from around the world trade their artifacts and goods for money, and where riches are everywhere. Then, I went to the ruins of an old city, on a mountain. They say mist surrounds it so much, that anyone who walks in, never comes out. But I did!

Sumire: Yeah, dad!

Tanjiro: Great job, Keiji-san!

Keiji: Also, those blue flowers you grew for me, the people of Kanemizu loved it. Especially the foreigners. Best part of all, for some reason, when picked out of the roots, they stay like that forever!

Sumire: Also the fact they taste delicious.

Tanjiro: You eat those?

Sumire: Whenever we're almost out of money. I resort to that. It's mainly a nice herb for cooking. Oh wait, dad. Did you manage to get what I asked for?

Keiji: Yes, sweetie. A bow and arrow, just for you.

Sumire hunts for the family, in case the garden wasn't exactly doing well. She usually relied on bow and arrows to hunt for animals and always aimed for the head. Not to gloat, but so the animal would die quickly. Unfortunately, she needed her father to buy her arrows and sometimes bow when it broke. Luckily Reiki would remind their father to buy a lot of arrows for Sumire.

Tanjiro: This is great! Now you can hunt more!

Sumire: Yeah, but maybe I should learn to make arrows so I don't have to constantly wait for dad to come home with some.

Keiji: And I got an instruction manual on how to create arrows. It'll take some time to make them well, but all good things come in time. And I'll even teach you how to make them.

Sumire: Thanks, Dad!

====================
==========

While Sumire and Tanjiro and Keiji were stuck in the Kitagawa Inn, Takeyasu was telling his stories to Nezuko, Reiki, and the other Kamado children.

Takeyasu: Anyway, I run a blacksmith shop and I needed coal. But the mines were closed off and I needed to get some coal to not only heat up my home, but get fuel for my friends. Thats why I came here. A friend told me to come here. And I wanted to help out.

Nezuko: Aww. That's so sweet.

Reiki: But why did you trek out in the middle of a blizzard?

Takeyasu: You know me enough from my thin stomach and lack of food that I don't really care much about life. But I guess I should probably take better care of myself for my friends. Thanks.

Reiki: Welcome. And looks like the blizzard's dying down. One of us should go get Tanjiro and Sumire. They didn't exactly wear good winter gear.

Takeyasu: I'll go. It's the least I can do.

Tanjuro: Thank you.

Kie: Thank you, Tatsukami-san.

Nezuko: Yeah, thanks, Tatsu-san.

Reiki: Here are their winter coats.

He tosses some coats towards the blacksmith, but nearly forgets something.

Takeyasu: Wait! What about my horse? Chana?

Reiki: She's ok. She's on a leash, but that's so she doesn't eat the food from our garden.