Beginnings Act Part 6: Ryujin

Currently, the squad were in the inn and woke up. They come downstairs to eat some breakfast as Kanae gets her crow Kuro-chan, and Takeyasu gets his journal.

Takeyasu: Ok. This map heads to Tachibana Valley. We get there, find the demon, kill it, then go home.

Giyu: However, it's bit far from here.

Shinobu: So we'll go after breakfast.

Yurie: Tachibana Valley? I don't think you want to go there, kids.

Takeyasu: Why not, Kitagawa-san?

Yurie: Call me Yurie. A girl named Saki Shiroku went there with some friends. However, she ran away. None of her friends followed back home.

Takeyasu: They're probably scaring her.

Yurie: They might. Just be careful kids, and lovebirds.

Giyu and Shinobu blush as Takeyasu and Kanae giggle. As Yurie hands them their breakfast, Takeyasu looks over his journal. It was worn out, the ink was faded, but it shown a clear map to Tachibana Valley. He wondered what would happen if they went there.

But the meal went quick. Soju and Yurie waved bye to the kids as they kept on exploring the place. As they followed the route, hey were approached by Saki.

Takeyasu: You're Shiroku, right?

Saki: Yes. That's me. If you can find my friends, can you please do it?

Giyu: No guarantees.

Shinobu: But we'll try.

Saki: Thank you, Tomioka-san and Shinobu-san.

They bow and head off to Tachibana Valley, with swords in hand, off to kill the 12 Kizuki Demon in that area.

====================
==========

On the way to Tachibana Valley, Takeyasu was looking at his journal, which functioned as a map. Kanae however, was using her crow to guide the group.

Takeyasu: The map is leading us the same way as your crow is. I don't know why though.

Shinobu: Anyway, how'd you get that journal anyway?

Takeyasu: It was a gift from Uncle. He said it was a good luck charm. This was from Yamato Kunimura.

Giyu: I don't know who that is.

However, Shinobu and Kanae stand shocked.

Shinobu: The Kunimura?!

Kanae: He's a legend in the Corps! Kunimura-san raised a generation of Dragon Breathers and eliminated more 12 Kizuki members than anyone before!

Takeyasu: Kunimura? Where is she?

Shinobu: Yamato is a boy's name.

Takeyasu: No. it's just I know a girl named Sumire Kunimura.

Kanae: Maybe they might be related.

Takeyasu: Yeah. Wouldn't that be something? The many great granddaughter of a legendary swordsman resides as a gardener. To be fair, not all demon slayers have family legacies.

Kanae: Actually, Rengoku does.

Shinobu: It's true. His father Shinjuro actually was a Hashira. But he retired.

Takeyasu: Cool. Who are the other Hashira?

Kanae: There's Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira; Obanai Iguro, the Serpent Hashira; Gyomei Himejima, the Stone Hashira; and Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira.