Prolouge Act Part 8: First Step's the Hardest

Training was very, very, weird. Kirishiki would have unconventional ways of training, but Takeyasu went along with it, since he had no clue what to do if he quit. First off, was sword training. He needed to run around he mountain with a sword in hand. Luckily, Kirishiki keeps decorative swords that are the same weight as Nichirin Swords.

Kai: Come on, Tatsukami-kun! Hold on more!

He was running with his sword in hand, and was panting and panting. The sword heavily restricted his movement, and in the snow, it wasn't easy. He just did 10 laps around the mountain while holding a sword.

Takeyasu: Done, Kirishiki-sensei!

Kai: Yes! You are done! With the 10th lap. 90 more to go!

Takeyasu just groaned while Kai handed him some water. He drank all of it, and then started on his 11th lap around Mt. Ishiguro.

====================
==========

Next up was Mist exercise. Although it didn't produce actual mist, when used on the opponent, it would give the illusion of it. Obscure, thick, and hard to get out of. Then, he had to find the giant wisteria tree while surrounded in Mist.

Kai: Ok. Now find the tree. I'll meet you there.

He faded into the mist as Takeyasu tried to climb up. But instead, he had the smell of wisteria. Yasu quickly followed up the trail, but it was just Wisteria Perfume. He then smelled wood, petals, and wisteria, Yasu quickly followed that scent and climbed up as much as he could until he finally reached the top and saw his master there as well.

Kai: Good. Did you find a wisteria scented wood stake by any chance?

Takeyasu: Yes.

Kai: Good thing this was a practice. If it wasn't, you'd be dead. You can't let faint smells take you off the trail. They need to be precise and strict. No compromises.

====================
==========

Now it was time to be taught how to wield a sword. Takeyasu didn't know how, but Kai did. He told him to swing it down multiple times. Then to the side. Both left and right. All of which, he had to do in 5 sets of 100.

Takeyasu: (99....100!) That's 100!

Kai: Great! Now, only 400 left to go.

====================
==========

He also was taught self defense moves. Although Yasu's martial arts were better than street fighters, they lacked refinement and compared to a Hashira, he was outclassed. Even with a wooden sword in hand, Kirishiki would always beat him.

Nevertheless, he tried different positions and movements so he could try and even touch him once. However, they all failed.

Takeyasu: WHOA!

Kai: Too fast.

Every.....single.....time.

Kai: Too slow. Ok, martial arts is good to know. Although you fight Demons with Nichirin swords, it's just in case for distractions or things like that. I'll teach you some.

====================
==========

Even after all that, he still loved it on the mountain and living with the Kirishikis. He saw Shizuka as a 2nd mom, and Aiwa as his little sister. For 6 months, he lived a normal, but steady routine. Sleep, bathe, eat, train, eat lunch, train, eat dinner, train, and then go to sleep. But it wasn't just all training, Kai often gave breaks whenever he was REALLY in pain. Which happened fewer than he expected.