Prolouge Act Part 7: Through the Fog

Currently, up in the mountains, a man was going up the stairs to his home, and entered it.

Kai: Hello, my wife and daughter.

The former Mist Hashira, Kai Kirishiki, he was a skilled Hashira. Kirishiki became a Hashira from his body count of 50 demons with Mist Breathing.

And when he retired, he decided to marry a woman and start a family. Kirishiki was mainly a hunter and artisan once retired. He then married a woman named Shizuka and had a daughter named Aiwa. Shizuka is a tailor while Aiwa is a baby. He is sent money by Kagaya, but that was only to support his family and barely for himself. He does the job for his own purposes and because he likes making things.

Kai: Hello Shizuka.

Shizuka: Hi honey.

Kai: I got the meat for the week.

Shizuka: Thank you.

Soon, a crow comes flying by and lands on his windowsill. It was Kuro-chan. He had a message in his talons. Kai then took it out of his talons and read the letter. It was something from his old boss, Kagaya.

Shizuka: What is it sweetie?

Kai: Training a new protege. *sigh* I wanted to leave that life behind. But from what Kagaya's sending me if I train him, he'll send me extra money, so I can support our family. But Kuro here, he's staying until I give a response.

Kuro: *quietly* Kuro-chan.

Shizuka: Let's see this boy first. If he's nice, he stays. If not, he goes.

Kai: Ok.

====================
==========

Takeyasu and Kanae trek through the meadow while the Hashira girl talks about Kirishiki.

Kanae: You'll love Kirishiki-sama. He's very kind. Not to mention, he often comes back to the estate to see oyakata-sama. Although a bit tough, he's a very skilled Hashira.

Takeyasu: Ok, cool. But what about my pet horse Chana?

Kanae: Don't worry. The Kakushi will take care of her.

Takeyasu was walking with Kanae to find a man known as Kai Kirishiki. But he didn't realize he had to trek the mountain known as Mt Ishiguro.

Takeyasu: Mt Ishiguro?

Kanae: Yes. It's called that for the shiny black stones that make up the mountain. Now we just have to make it up there. And by master's orders, I'm supposed to leave you here.

Takeyasu: What about the demons?

Kanae: The entire mountain is protected by a Wisteria Tree at the top which covers a lot of the mountain. Just don't leave the mountain and you'll be safe. Kirishiki-sama has a house here. But be very quiet though. Him and his wife had a baby.

Takeyasu: Ok. Bye Kanae-chan.

Kanae: Bye, Yasu-kun.

She walks off as the adventurer heads into the mountain.

Takeyasu: Time to see what this place is all about.

The boy enters the black stone mountain and wonders what will happen.

====================
==========

Mt Ishiguro was a cold place and Takeyasu first had to venture through its icy caverns.

He tries to walk on the floor, but it was cased in ice which made it extremely difficult to walk on without slipping.

Takeyasu: Whoa. Whoa!