Mist City Act Part 3: Sumire's Pain

This is a Sumire based chapter, also a bit short, since she isn't a focus yet.

As Takeyasu, Kanae, and Shinobu prepare to go up to Mt Kasumi, or Kasumi's Summit's Mist City, we check back in on Sumire Kunimura.

Sumire was broken after the deaths of her mother and father and brother. All dead, thanks to that weird teleporting blue striped demon. First off, Tanjuro and Kie found the girl crying inside the house and packing some things.

Kie: Oh dear, what happened?

Sumire: A....*sniff* a.....a.....GAHHHH! *sobbing* Mom....dad.....Reiki....

Tanjiro: Some yokai showed up and killed Keiji-san, Akemi-san, and Reiki-san.

Tanjuro: Oh my goodness.

Kie: We'll let you stay with us.

Sumire: No....I can't do that......I don't want to be a burden.

Kie: Please. You need help. We're glad to assist you in your time of need.

Tanjuro: Open up the people around you. Don't close yourself off. Build a bridge, not a barrier.

Sumire: I just....I just-

She grabs an axe and starts chopping down a tree until it falls down and more trees do as well. The entire family were shocked at Sumire's sudden strength and anger.

Sumire: Ok. But what should we do about the 3 of them?

Kie: We'll hold a funeral. Come on. I'll do the cooking. Just tell me when you're ready.

====================
==========

After a while, the Kamado family and the remaining Kunimura get together and pray for the 3 fallen Kunimuras.

Tanjuro: (Please, let them be happy. )

Kie: (We'll watch over Sumire, don't worry.)

Tanjiro: (Keiji-san, I'll watch over her. Don't worry.)

Once they finish, Sumire goes to her garden and home as Tanjiro follows her. She was growing some new plants and cutting some wood.

Tanjiro: Hi Sumi-chan. Can I help?

Sumire: Sure? Get the firewood-

Tanjiro picks all the chopped firewood and speeds inside the house to get it stored for fuel and store the extra pieces. Then he runs back to Sumire.

Tanjiro: Anything else?

Sumire: Well.....could you till the garden please?

Tanjiro: Sure!

The selfless charcoal seller starts tilling the garden while Sumire plants the seeds. She also picks up some vegetables and hands them to the Kamado family.

Tanjiro however, he grabs the basket for Sumire and holds her hand as the strong girl blushes a bit and walks with the selfless boy.

Sumire: Why are you helping me so much?

Tanjiro: Sumire. You're going through a rough time. And I know I can't bring your family back. No lost life can be. But my family is your family now. You'll always be welcome.

Sumire was touched by Tanjiro's words, and starts to blush. Tanjiro smiles as they both walk to the home. Although she would deny it, she can't forget why she liked Tanjiro so much. He was kind, gentlemanly, and cute. He puts others ahead of himself, and was still able to make a stand when necessary. To her, he was perfect.