Mist City Act Part 4: The Journey Up

Once Takeyasu gets the news of Shinobu becoming the new person coming instead of Rengoku, he was a bit irritated, but just accepted it.

Takeyasu: Let me guess, Shinobu is jealous.

Kanae: I'm sorry, Tatsu-kun.

Shinobu: I don't want you to fool around with nee-san.

Takeyasu: Fair. But she can handle herself. Come on. I'll get more arrows and-

Kiyo, Sumi, Naho: Dinner is ready!

Takeyasu: Never mind. Let's eat. Thanks, triplets!

All 3: You're welcome, Tatsu-Sama!

The Slayers: Itadakimasu.

They eat their food, but Takeyasu eats faster than usual. To be fair, he is going on a mission, so he needed to do some work on supplies and a way to survive up on Mt Kasumi. The books he had were about a lot of things like mountain climbing, fungi and things he could eat, but also ways to traverse a mountain.

He used to hate reading, but now it seemed the only way he'll survive. Soon, he finishes his food and runs outside. Once out, he practices outside and starts jumping around the trees as Kanae hears him.

Kanae: Where is Tatsu-kun?

Kiyo: He went outside to train.

Sumi: Kirishiki-san taught him weird stuff.

Naho: But it seems to be working well!

The girls look outside and notice the blur that is Takeyasu. His tree jumping training was going well and he was going so fast that their eyes couldn't stay on him.

Shinobu: Wow.

Kanae: Are you impressed?

Shinobu: No! I'm just hoping this isn't a form of trying to die!

Kanae: If he did, he wouldn't stay on the trees as long.

Shinobu: I'm going back inside to finish my food.

Once she shuts the door, Takeyasu slows down from his tree jumping and jumps down to meet Kanae.

Takeyasu: Tomorrow, right?

Kanae: Yes. Also, what is this exercise?

Takeyasu: It's weird, but it's a good one. I climb up on trees, and leap off the branches.

Kanae: Wow! Why?

Takeyasu: It's so I can get through a large area of trees or forests in a short time. Watch.

He leaps onto one tree branch and from one to another, until he reaches the top. He then circles back from one branch to another.

Kanae: Why are you circling back and forth?

Takeyasu: I have to keep moving. It's like a meal. You have to keep it hot and warming before it's ready to eat. If you cool down, your skills will too.

Kanae: Oh....ok! How about I try?

She attempts to do the same thing, but she isn't as fast as Takeyasu, and ends up falling.

Takeyasu: KANAE!

He lunges into the ground and saves Kanae by scooping her up in his arms and once on solid ground, he places her back down.

Takeyasu: It takes a bit of practice.

Kanae: Ok.

Takeyasu: Kirishiki-sensei taught me this and a lot mor practices. It's better to be resourceful in a situation. He's like a black sheep of the Hashira.