Prologue Act Part 10: Good Bye New Life, Hello New New Life

Giyu and Takeyasu were resting in the blacksmith shop and Kagaya told the group to luckily not to go for a while. The pair sent messages to their masters to come to the Aoki-Tomioka shop.

Takeyasu: I can't believe it. They're gone.

Giyu: We wouldn't have gotten this far without them. But, what are those in your hands?

Takeyasu: Makomo's sword. And Sabito's mask. I was thinking a little memorial.

Giyu: Yeah. That'd be nice.

They got the two friends' keepsakes and placed stuff around there as a somewhat memorial. They placed it outside, but also got some stones and made two graves for the fallen friends.

Takeyasu: (Dear god, I know you and I barely communicate, but if you're hearing this, please let Makomo and Sabito enjoy heaven, and find my parents and family too. Let them have some fun. But also at peace.)

Giyu prays in silence, and Takeyasu goes to prepare dinner. Many townsfolk noticed the two boys's memorial and start to gather in a group and head to the shop.

Takeyasu makes some grilled fish from the recipe book Makomo gave him. Giyuu does the same. And while waiting, the duo just plays archery.

Soon, the fish was ready and they start to eat. Unlike when Makomo and Sabito were around, they eat slowly. They did remember the "Itadakimasu", at least. Once they finish, they wash the bowls, and hear a knocking at the door.

Takeyasu: Hello?

He opens the door, and he was met by a couple of people. Kanae and Shinobu.

Takeyasu: Hey.

Shinobu: Why is the shop closed?

Kanae: You passed?

Takeyasu: We did.

Kanae: Did your friends pass?

Takeyasu: Only Tomioka. Aoki and Sabito died to a big demon.

He said all of it with a somber tone, and while Shinobu is indifferent, Kanae was sad.

Kanae: I-I'm so sorry. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask.

Shinobu: Don't take that literally, though.

Giyu: Who's at the door?

Takeyasu: Some friends.

They enter and they see the memorial outside. It was two graves with a rock placed on top, with Sabito's fox mask and Makomo's blade on it.

Kanae: I'm sorry.

Takeyasu: What do you have to be sorry for?