Mist City Act Part 2: Trials by Hashira

Recap: Takeyasu found a map leading to Kasumi Summit and the Hashira we're doing a little competition to train people but also choose the person who would make it to Mt Kasumi.

Takeyasu was currently walking with a bunch of recruits to a big mountain. It wasn't Fujikasane, or Ishiguro. It was a whole different mountain and it was filled with the scent of demons. Gyomei walked up to the group of trainees and explained the rules of the first trial.

Gyomei: Fellow demon slayers. We shall commence our first trial. First of all, you have to make it to the top of Mount Ichimatsu. You will have to eliminate up to 10 demons on this mountain. Make it to the top, and head back. Kakushi will be putting a counter on your rankings.

Kakushi came over and spritzed the engraved rank markers with a little counter on them. It first started at zero since they didn't slay any demons yet.

Gyomei: It shall also shine when you reach the top. This is meant to showcase skill. But only the first 10 people will make it. Ready, set, go.

All the demon slayers rushed to the top of the mountain. Sanemi was in the lead and sensing any demon around him. Takeyasu was waiting however and Gyomei was wondering why he was doing this.

Gyomei: Tatsukami-san? Go. Come on.

Takeyasu: Ok.

He rushed to the top of the trees in the area and jumped from branches to branches. Takeyasu also had a bow and arrow on him from 3 days of crafting and refining his arrows. He spotted a demon, and aimed his bow.

Takeyasu: (Hope this works.)

The Nichirin Arrow he shot, went straight for the demon's neck and pierced right through it. The demon attempted to pull it out, but his hands started to disintegrate and his body started weakening. Soon the demon died and his count went up to one.

Takeyasu: (Weird. But useful. Keep on moving!)

He kept on moving and using his bow when convenient, but also using his sword when too close to an enemy. Takeyasu relied on creativity and skill to kill the demons before heading to the top.

Sanemi however just did all of it by grit. He didn't use any tricks or plans, just plain old brain and brown to make it through. And anger as well. The attacks he unleashed on demons were quick and merciless. They had no moments to react and decapitated immediately.

Sanemi: (You're not beating me, Tatsukami.)

He then killed his demons and went straight for the top. But little did he know, Takeyasu was already there at the top and this caused the angry white haired man to grind his teeth.

Sanemi: (Damn you, Tatsukami! Damn you!)

Takeyasu: What's up?

The nihilist shoots an arrow to a lower tree, attaches it to a rope, and slides back down using his bow as Sanemi runs back down. Both boys were running for first place. Takeyasu and Sanemi were about to reach the bottom, but his rope ran out of distance and he had to tree jump again.

He kept on tree jumping through the woods before he reached the end. However, Sanemi reached the end before him and cockily grinned. Takeyasu didn't care about it and just was glad he got his chance. Gyomei then took note of their marks and placed them in order.

 Gyomei then took note of their marks and placed them in order