I TOLD YOU SO 🙂

Y/N'S POV ☎️🔪

I noticed she noticed me too as she quickly leaped to her feet.

'' Stop right there, young lady'' She said.

I threw my hands up in surrender, giving her a genuine smile.

'' I am not here to fight, Gale'' I explained.

But she didn't seem to believe me.

'' Huh? Just stay back'' She protested.

'' Oh c'mon, I just want to talk'' I threw my hands up in the air out of frustration.

She examined me from toe to head, to which I instantly gave a confusing look.

'What?' I mouthed to her.

'' Alright, be quick'' She said crossing her arms over her chest.

'' I want to know more about Maureen Prescott's murder'' I stated.

She smirked.

'' Girl, I told you I would send you the book, read from it''

This woman, she had the guts to say that to my face after she got punched real bad.

'' It was last year's hottest court case, somebody had to write a book about it'' She shrugged.

Bullshit.

'' And I bet, that book is filled with your stupid theories about the murder'' I smirked, she gulped.

'' Why are you so interested in her murder?'' She asked.

'' She was Sidney's mother-''

'' And I just wanted to know what happened to her, because I just can't straight go to her and ask ' Hey Sid, wanna chat about your mother's murder?' and I thought a reporter like you would state facts, a good reporter like you'' I fake smiled, knowing she was impressed by my last lines .

'' Hmmm, well, Cotton Weary is in jail, that is what Sidney wanted. They are gonna gas him. End of the story'' She shrugged.

I need to know more than that Gale.

'' Do you think he did it?'' I asked.

That's when Gale looked interested.

'' He was convicted in a court of law. Sidney's testimony put him away. It doesn't matter what I think.

That's when I realized she had different opinion.

'' It does matter Gale, please tell me'' I batted my eyes at her to which she rolled her eyes.

'' I think Sidney falsely identified him.'' She said getting near me.

'' Have you talked to Cotton?'' I asked.

'' Many times and he tells the same story of that night, everytime I ask him, he admits on having sex with Maureen, but that's it, he didn't kill her '' She explained.

'' Why would he 'admit' having sex with Maureen?'' I asked.

'' Because she was raped and killed, and they believe it was Cotton, but Cotton says they did make out but he didn't kill her.'' She explained making my eyes go wide.

'' Can you tell me the whole story?'' I said.

I forgot about Sam who was still standing there, listening to this conversation intently.

'' Well, listen then, it was said that Cotton's coat was there in Maureen's house, her blood all over it, which made him a suspect, but he said he left it there, on the other hand, Sidney said she saw him leaving, wearing that coat, my question is what if it was someone else, the same person who framed him, the same person who killed Sidney's mother?'' Her words made me think about it, what if it wasn't Cotton? Looks like I gotta pay him a little visit.