WILL YOU BE MINE? 💍

Y/N'S POV ☎️🔪

BULL'S PEN
☎️☎️☎️

As me and Sam entered the police station, the atmosphere was tense. Officers were rushing around, phones were ringing incessantly, and the occasional sound of a siren echoed from outside.

I glanced around nervously, my eyes scanning the room. Sam walked beside me, we approached the front desk, where a weary-looking officer was fielding phone calls and directing inquiries.

Now, I had a doubt that the officers won't let me meet him.

We made our way in, gaining some looks as they recognized me from the other night.

'' Isn't she the one who punched Gale?'' One of them laughed.

Should I feel humiliated or proud by this? I shook the thoughts away and went towards the counter.

"Excuse me, Officer. I need to see Cotton Weary. Is he available?" I asked, hoping for a yes.

" Sorry, miss, no visitors at the moment." He simply replied.

"Oh, really? Well, that's a bummer. Guess I'll just have to go home then and let Cotton know you were too busy for him." I smiled and his head shot up.

" Hey, rules are rules." He replied, raising his voice a little bit.

" Of course, rules are rules. But I guess rules can be bent sometimes, right?" I smirked.

" What do you mean?" He asked, in confusion.

"I mean, maybe there's something you can do to make an exception. Just a little something to help you remember that I was here to see Cotton." I said in a low voice while slipping him some money.

" I don't know..." He said while eyeing the money.

" Come on, Officer. It's just a little favor. Nobody has to know." I smiled innocently.

" Fine. But keep it discreet." He sighed.

Of course. Thanks, Officer. You're a lifesaver." I nodded in agreement.

I slipped the money into the officer's hand and headed towards the visitor's area, feeling satisfied with my little act of bribery.

'' Corrupted'' I muttered and smirked towards Sam.

We both found our way around the station, and there he was, in one of the cells.

Cotton Weary was sitting  in his jail cell. He leaned against the wall, arms folded across his chest, staring at nothing in particular.

He looked like a handsome man but the jail environment made him look dull.

'' Cotton Weary?'' I asked, he suddenly lifted his head up, a shine of hope shining on those eyes of his.

'' Yes, yes'' He said while coming towards the bars, and then looked at our badges which said VISITOR PASS, he weakly smiled.

'' I didn't know I had visitors today'' He stated.

'' Element of surprise'' Sam replied.

'' Do I know you?'' He asked, looking at us both with curious eyes.

I first had to ask him about Gale, what if she was lying about her visiting him? I need to know the story from his mouth.

'' Does Gale Weathers visits you often?'' I asked.

'' Quite a lot, asking me about the murder, I answer her everytime with the same statement '' He answered.

'' Can you tell me what happened?'' I asked.