Chapter II

Thierry woke up with the alarm. 8h30. He still had an hour and a half until his brother brought back the twins from 'a weekend with the fun uncle' as he called. He lifted up his head and looked at the man sleeping by his side on bed.

"Dev", he called and kissed him on his lips. "You can pretend you are sleeping but I know you're not". He teased the man with his hands going all over his naked body. "C'mon, I know you want it. We still have some time left for us". Thierry kissed the man's neck and torso, going down.

"God", Deveraux moaned and grabbed Thierry 's head kissing him passionately. "You really are the death of me".

However, some half hour later, when they were in the middle of the fun, they heard a knock on the door.

"Mommy!", a childish voice that probably belonged to Collin called. "Mommy, come out. I want breakfast".

"Argh", Thierry grumbled. "I'm sorry", he whispered to Deveraux. "Collin, go back to uncle Emile, I'll just get dressed".

It was hard being twenty-five and raising two small kids. Add to that having a brother that apparently doesn't know how to tell time.

Thierry got a quick shower to wash away the sex smell and went downstairs. He told Dev that he could sleep a little more and go downstairs later, but he answered:

"Nah, I need to see my little godson".

Thierry met Deveraux when he was fifteen and looking to expand his recently created film platform. Deveraux was a nineteen-year-old film student with lots of debt, but lots of talent. Thierry financed some of his early films that easily exploded. They became friends, and then best friends. So when deciding who would be his son's godparents, it was easy. His brother became Killian's godfather and Dev became Collin's.

When Thierry got down, he saw three hungry puppies waiting for breakfast, their eyes as big as humanly possible. Thierry looked at Emile, a disguised anger in his eyes.

"Brother, I thought you knew how to read the clock". He asked, sarcastically.

"I do". Emile answered, already knowing what was coming next.

"I think I need to teach you again. When the smaller hand is on nine and the bigger is on twelve, it's 9h. And when it's on 10 and 12 it's 10h.". Thierry said with a raging smile.

"I know, I know", Emile answered looking down. "But the kids kept insisting they wanted to eat their mommy's pancakes. I don't even know how to make pancakes. When I told them that, Collin cried and Killian called me an ugly uncle. I'm not an ugly uncle!".

Thierry looked at the twins.

"You're becoming too good at manipulating your uncle. Just because he is naive and always falls for your tricks doesn't mean that I'll do too. You'll eat toast. No pancakes".

"Why? Please mommy! Please!", the two kids pleaded.

"Yes, mommy please. Don't make them cry". Dev, who just got down, pleaded with the twins.

Collin, seeing his godfather just behind him, opened a big smile and exclaimed as loud as he could.

"Daddy! Daddy is here". Collin said hugging his godparent. No matter how much Thierry explained, Collin always called Dev like that. And since they both enjoyed it, Thierry just had to bear the consequences and the misunderstandings.

Deveraux was always great with the twins, and almost like a father to them. But almost. That was the position he accepted. More like an uncle who cared for them, like Emile. His relationship with Thierry was similar. They were friends, and would do anything for each other. And it was even okay to have sex together. But that is where both drew the line. All their love was for friendship, never romance. At least, that is what they always tried to believe.