CHAPTER XIII

The alarm rang. Dev turned it off and got up, and called Thierry whispering - "It's your turn to make breakfast" - before going to change his clothes. Thierry looked up and looked around asking himself - is it 6h30 already? He stayed there just sitting and staring at the wall for some minutes waiting for his brain to function. He then looked at his side table and took his vitamins, downing them with some water. Dev finished changing his clothes, wearing some work-out attire.

"I'm going to wake up the kids", he said.

"Okay".

Thierry changed into his work-out clothes too, and went down to make breakfast.

Dev knocked on the door to wake up the twins, but only Collin answered sitting on the bed, half-asleep.

"C'mon babes. It's time to wake up", he said, picking Killian up.

Collin promptly woke up and went to pick up his clothes that Dev separated last night. Killian just grabbed Dev's neck and stayed there, half-asleep. Dev took both to the bathroom for a quick bath. It was the only way to wake Killian up in the mornings, as he wasn't allowed coffee yet. When they arrived in the bathroom, Collin was already taking off his clothes and waiting for Dev to turn on the shower. Collin loved water and would take swimming lessons twice a week.

"Daddy, daddy!", he called Dev to turn on the shower, but he was occupied with one hand holding Killian and the other holding the boy's clothes.

"Wait a second, Olli. Let me put your brother down". He said and woke up Killian again. "Babe, you need to get up. Your brother is getting agitated".

"Five more minutes", he whispered.

"No more minutes. I'm going to put you down, and you will take off your clothes to shower".

"Alright", he said while pouting.

While Killian took off his clothes, Dev turned on the shower and helped Collin bathe. He wrapped the boy in a towel and helped him dry.

"Can you get dressed alone?" Dev asked.

"Yes, I'm a big boy", Collin answered.

"Okay. I'm gonna go help your brother".

He then proceeded to help Killian bathe. All the time, he seemed like he was about to fall asleep, but the water helped him wake. After he wrapped him in a towel and helped him dry, he asked the same thing.

"Can you get dressed alone?"

"Yep. I'm a big boy too".

"Yeah", Dev smiled. "You're both big boys".

Every time he saw them being independent or learning something new, he felt proud and wondered how much they would grow, what they would do next. It was always a feeling that time passed too quickly.

They went down and Thierry had some scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and ham, and some peeled apples. The twins sat down in their highchairs in the kitchen's counter, where their food was already waiting for them. Dev went to the other side of the counter and hugged Thierry who was concentrating on finishing their plates.

"Your t-shirt is all wet", Thierry commented.

"It'll dry. Collin was splashing water around. And I don't want to change clothes twice".

"You're making me wet like that".

"You shouldn't say that in front of the kids".

"You know that's not what I mean".

Dev just smirked and let go of Thierry. The kids were making their usual mess, but, somehow, it was also less than they used to do.. Even in that aspect they were growing. When they finished, they brushed their teeth and prepared to go to kindergarten. The car would always get them in the mornings, and Dev would get them in the afternoon. When he was busy, the babysitter would get them.