CHAPTER XXV

Nate and Cael got used to the kids' routine. The twins were less resistant now, but would still act out sometimes. Every time they saw Antoine and Cyrus, they would throw a tantrum when coming back home. But, overall, things were going alright. Cael was enjoying getting to know his kids.

However, some things were not so good. In the second week the kids stayed there, Cael's father showed up at the kindergarten. He tried to convince the director to let him see the children and that he had a right as the grandfather. The director called Antoine, who immediately called Cael to get the kids, sending four bodyguards to accompany them. When Cael came to get them, his father was waiting in the exit. The teachers allowed them to leave through the employee's door, but they couldn't do that everyday. Nisa lodged a petition asking the Delaney couple to stay away from the kids, their kindergarten and their home until the end of the dispute, as their actions constitute harassment. The judge was so exhausted from Delaney's antics that he accepted the petition. Still, Thierry kept the bodyguards who stayed 24h with the twins.

"Dad", Collin called while Cael prepared dinner.

"What?", He answered, looking from Collin, who was sitting on the sofa, to the stove.

"I want fried chicken!"

"I'm doing something else. We can't always eat fried chicken".

Nate entered the room with Killian who was carrying the dino plushie that Cael gave him.

"Uncle Nate". Collin called. "I want fried chicken".

"What did your dad say?" Nate asked, carrying Killian to the sofa.

"He said yes". Collin lied.

"I said no. I'm making something else", Cael said.

"You didn't say no". Collin answered, pouting.

"If your dad said no, then it's no", Nate said.

"But I want fried chicken!"

Cael was getting used to Collin's temper. Killian was initially difficult, but it was more about his introverted nature and how he was resistant to every new person. But Collin was stubborn and had his own opinions and desires he wanted to prevail. He also needed to be doing something all the time. It was exhausting. Killian was more timid and would normally accept the situations and wasn't really resistant. But he was more picky about food, hated loud noises or bright lights, and was skittish when meeting new people. Cael was enjoying learning everything about the kids. As he was thinking about it, distracted with the food, Nate's phone rang. He answered it and, after he turned it off, he called Cael with urgency. Cael turned off the fire and went to Nate.

"What is it?", He asked.

"They publicized the custody battle". Nate whispered, so the kids wouldn't listen.

"What?"

"Yeah. They went on public television to say how Antoine is a horrible father who abuses his own children, and how the judge ignored every proof they gathered and now they can't even see the kids. And the decision has been postponed again because of them".

"How can they do it? Postponing the decision every time, just because they know the ruling will be against them".

"I don't know. But it affected the public opinion, and many still remember the video and are against Antoine. It is also affecting the company".

"I can only imagine how Antoine is feeling".

"He is staying at his home until he can solve it. Cyrus said he is not doing well. I thought of calling social services and ask them to let him see the kids today. He needs it".