CHAPTER XIX

It was the morning of his birthday, and Dev was laying in bed with Thi, just wishing that he could spend as much time as possible like that - hugging his boyfriend while dreaming wonderful things. But the alarm on Thi's phone rang. They had to wake up to receptionate the people with the decorations for the party at noon. And there were also the people from the buffet, and the bar, and the patisserie and... There were too many people for a simple party in the garden. At least that is how it started. Twenty of their friends in a small gathering. But 20 soon became 30, and then 40, and soon it was 70. It included people from work, actors and actresses, directors and other public figures, the parents and the kids from Collin and Killian's pre-school, and others. Dev understood the effort Thi put on the party, and that it was all so that he could enjoy the love of other people on this special day. But, deep down, he knew that all he wanted was to spend the day with his family and maybe his closest friends. It also worried him the effort that Thi put on this party and how much that should have stressed him. Many times he asked him if he needed help, and tried to decrease his workload, but Thi always said that it was alright and that he was enjoying planning the event.

"Can we turn off the alarm and wait fifteen more minutes?", Dev asked as Thi was getting up.

"If you want, you can stay a little longer. But at least one of us needs to be downstairs to welcome them".

"I don't want to be alone in our bed. I'd rather get up and stay with you", he said as he hugged Thi from the back, not letting him go.

"So get up, and let me go".

"It's my birthday. Just stay five more minutes. They can wait a little". Thi looked back at Dev, who was using his best lost puppy face, and kissed him, biting his underlip gently.

"Honey, I need to go. I really wished I could stay with you, but I can't". He kissed him again. "But I promise to compensate you tonight" He kissed him again. "I got something just for you as a birthday gift, something you'd like a lot". He kissed him one last time. "Now go back to sleep and dream with me. Because I'll spend the day thinking about you".

"You really like to tease me, hubby". Dev said, hugging Thi one last time. "You're lucky that I'm still too sleepy to do anything, because you're damn hot".

"Well, look who's talking mr. Eight Pack". Thi laughed. "Now let me go".

"Okay", he grumbled and rolled in bed becoming a giant caterpillar. Thi kissed him on the head and went to greet the personnel.

The party preparation went on and Thi led everyone. Half an hour after Thi left the bed, Dev got up and went to prepare breakfast. After he made some waffles and some fruit smoothies, he went to call the kids. Collin went downstairs running, while Killian had to be carried down half-asleep.

"Jesse! Jesse!" Collin called as he went downstairs, looking for the dog. The mutt came and laid down by Collin's feet asking for belly rubs. Collin promptly gave it to him, and the dog wiggled happily.

"Collin, go wash your hands, again".

"Why?" he asked, crying.

"You played with the dog. You need to wash your hands".

"Ok", he said sadly.

"And no playing with the dog after washing your hands".

"Why?"

"Because the dog is dirty. And you can't eat with your hands dirty".

"Alright", he said sadly again.

After Collin washed his hands, he put both of them in their chairs, and started to prepare some coffee for him and Thi, and some extra for the workers. The kids finished eating breakfast and he took them down. He grabbed a waffle and a cup of coffee, and went to the yard to give them to Thi so he could eat while working. Then, he brought a big thermos bottle with coffee for the workers. While the kids played next to him, he ate breakfast. Soon, Ms. K arrived to take care of the kids and he went to try and help Thi with the organization, but he refused. However, Dev convinced him that he should let him at least stay with him, that was all he wanted for his birthday. Thi couldn't resist Dev's manipulation and let him stay and help him. After the buffet arrived, Dev became the official tester and tried out all the food to see if it was to his taste. When it was about 9h30 a.m., Dev rushed Thi to get ready. Luckily, they have Ms. K to help them with the twins, but it will all be for naught if they are not there to receive the guests.