Bonus Chapter - How Dev and Thierry Met

"Such a talented director. His two movies are better than all the rest together". Thierry thought as he analyzed some potential content for his new movie platform. Following the example of the streaming platforms of his time, he created his own. At the age of fifteen, he accumulated creations and his empire only grew. "He is versatile, and has a good understanding of his public. He worked greatly with comedy and even better with drama. It's a shame there is almost nothing about him".

He asked many cinema schools to send him his most promising student's projects. Before going to him, all the videos passed through a jury panel. The result was mixed. There were some really bad ones; some with potential; and one diamond. A beautiful diamond that could very well be worth a few millions, if polished well. The juries couldn't contain their excitement with his work, and even the most severe of them gave him many compliments.

"Cyrus Deveraux", he whispered, reading the name of the movie director and screenwriter. "Only nineteen? A prodigy, then. That's good, he still has a long way ahead of him. If can do that now, I can only imagine what he can do when he is better experienced".

He emailed the school and they answered the next morning: the student chosen has been disconnected and is no longer affiliated with this school. Still, Thierry was the kind who couldn't lose money nor talent. That kid meant both, and he wouldn't save effort to find him. He asked around, talked to the professors, to the other students in his class, and even people that worked there. In the end, he found a girl who had seen him recently.

"Ah... The red-haired guy from Professor Leroux class! I remember him because he was really tall, so I never liked to sit behind him. You see, I'm really small. If I sat behind him, I couldn't see anything". The girl said. "I saw him at a sandwich shop at Col. Lenoir, next to the Dear Kafka bookstore. I think he is working there".

"Thank you", Thierry said before leaving the girl.

The shop was twenty minutes away from the school. It was full when he arrived there, but he could see the man from afar. He was almost 2 m (6 feet 6.7 inches) tall, if not that, with vibrant red-hair and an unshaven beard. He smiled at the clients as if he had not a worry in the world. Thierry sat on a bench in the nearby plaza, and watched as the people went, until there was only one person left in the store. The lunch hour was over. He then entered the store and went to buy a sandwich. He approached the red-haired man and asked:

"How many sandwiches must I buy to get half an hour of your time?" Thierry said, smiling flirtatiously.

"Sorry kid, but I think you're a little too young for me". Dev answered, an uncomfortable smile.

"Oh, no. Sorry. That's not it. I'm here to talk business".

"You're too young to talk business, boy".

"Here is my card", he gave him a paper. "My secretary is seated right there and my bodyguard is next to the door. I have money, but not much time to waste. So, I want half an hour of your time, because I'm terribly interested in your work, mr. Director".

"And you're not flirting?"

"Nope. I don't have time for romance now".

"I'll have a break in half an hour, if you want to wait". Dev said, back to his professional smile.

"Alright", Thierry smiled and ordered three sandwiches - one for him, one for his secretary, and one for his bodyguard. None of them have eaten yet.

After half an hour, Dev left his other co-workers and came to sit next to Thierry who, somehow, was drinking coffee - that Dev had no idea where the boy got.

"I got you your half an hour".

"Great. My name is Antoine Rayne, from Ant. Corporations", he extended his hand.