Chapter XII

"What would you like to talk about today?" Edda Kristjan, Thierry's psychologist asked him.

"I don't know". He answered.

Thierry had been going to a psychologist since he was called Aidan. As Aidan, his relationship with his family and the world in general was complicated. Since he was a child, he was noticeably different from his peers. He had a hard time dealing with emotions and wouldn't play with kids his age. He was visibly smarter than the others his age and would easily solve even the hardest problems, but his interpersonal relationships were a mess, if they even existed. After lots of therapy, his relationship with other people got better, but it was still complicated. As an adult, he didn't have many close friends, and depended on his sisters to have a relationship with people his age. Even if he was successful academically, and had a good job, he felt a failure because he couldn't understand social rules that were obvious to everyone else; and people would constantly treat him as an aberration.

Arriving in this world was, at first, a shock. Even now, he couldn't remember what happened before he became Thierry. And, for many years, he still believed he could come back to his original world and couldn't accept his new parents. He was, from the beginning, a difficult child. Having the mind of a 30-year-old but the brain of a baby; knowing facts about the future that he couldn't change; being trapped in a new world that for him was just a book. For a long time he was really temperamental and gloomy, thinking only about going back to his own world. He would have explosive tantrums in the moments he came to realize that he probably won't go back to his original world. When he turned four, he resigned himself to this future, still it was hard to accept this world as his reality.

His parents were happy as he developed faster than other kids, even though he seemed unresponsive to emotional stimuli. They would constantly tell him "He will be such a great alpha" or "We are so proud of our little alpha baby". But I'm an omega, he would think, That's not something I can change. It didn't take him long to understand how important the second gender was in this world. And how unfair it was the treatment people received based on their gender, and that it limited his life a lot. Omega's were just wifes that stayed at home - his mother a proof of it - and popped out children. And as soon as he was found out as an omega, that was the world he would be relegated to.

"Eleven-years-old", he thought to himself as he played with his toys. "I have seven years to prove myself before everything becomes about my gender".

Even if this world wasn't his, and even if he was living as somebody else, he was still the one dealing with the consequences of this story. So he tried to do his best, to make his parents and brother trust and love him so even when they found out he was an omega, they wouldn't mistreat him. But it was too much for a young kid. He was creating an empire while others just built towers with lego pieces. His brain was underdeveloped for the stress and the responsibility that accumulated. One day, at school, at nine-years-old, he fainted during class, burning with fever and shouting strange things. His parents sent him to a doctor and the doctor recommended a psychiatrist and a psychologist.

He started seeing the psychologist every week, but from a state of burn out, he fell into depression. His eyes were gloomy, and he would barely talk. All he did was work on his projects, and he even won prizes (many of them) for his achievements. But when his parents looked at him, they couldn't brush off the feeling that there was something really wrong. One night, his mom came to talk to him.

"Hey baby", she said, sitting beside him in bed. "Is everything alright? You've been so worried these days. You haven't stopped working for nothing, and you barely ate. You're still growing, you should eat well".

"I know mom", he answered.

"Only like that can you grow up to be the big and powerful alpha that we know you'll be".