CHAPTER XXI

Thi was still in bed, naked and tired. A migraine took over his head and every joint in his body ached. God, he didn't miss those heat cycles. His pharmaceutical enterprise spent millions of dollars in reproductive health, with the most advanced medicine to control heats and ruts - anti-heat and anti-rut pills, emergency inhibitors, anti-pheromone pills, and many others. Still, none of them could beat human stupidity, and he was stupid. God, how was he so stupid? He forgot the pills for three days in a row.

"What have I done?", he asked himself. "What have I done?"

He got up and went to the bathroom. Dev had left after making sure a hundred times that he was okay. The kids will be back soon, and their mommy should look alright for them, or they will worry. Mommy is alright, he would say when they arrived, Mommy is all better. He repeated those words to himself many times as he showered, trying to make them true. But every time his body ached, he knew he was not okay. He could lie to others, but not to himself. He was feeling like shit. Like a train ran over his body and little monkeys were hammering his head. And he was still a little horny - the remnants of the pheromones taking effect. He heard some noises downstairs as he left the bathroom to get dressed. The kids are here. He heard the dog barking. Collin must have gone to play with Jesse. He got to his closet and began to get dressed, some simple and light clothes. Then he went downstairs where his children and boyfriend were waiting for him.

"Mommy", the kids shouted and came running to Thi's arms.

"Hi, babies. I missed you so much".

"We missed you too". They exclaimed.

"How was it with uncle Nate and Cael?" He asked. Dev told him that he allowed the kids to spend the night with Nate and Cael. He wanted to take things slow, but he understood the situation. It was the best option, and he wouldn't have done anything differently.

"It was so much fun!", Collin said, recounting the events of the last days in a random order. Going to the park, watching a movie, playing jenga... They did a lot indeed, and the kids were happy. Thi was content with the result.

"But uncle Cael can't make chocolate popcorn. It's yuck". Killian said, frowning and making a disgusted face. Thi laughed.

"Okay. I will tell daddy Cy to make you chocolate popcorn tonight. Okay, Lian?"

"Popcorn!" He shouted, happily.

"Now, let's go sit down, because daddy said he would make us lunch".

"Daddy's food is the best!" Collin said, licking his lips.

"Yeah!" Killian agreed.

"Okay, okay. It seems it wasn't only me you missed", Thi laughed. "My little chipmunk boys", he pinched their cheeks and laughed again.

He sat the kids on their playing mat and went to scroll through his phone. Work, private messages, and social media. That's when he saw a photo from Dev's birthday taken by one of the guests. Olivia Sciacca, an incipient actress who came accompanying a famous director who helped a lot in the beginning of Dev's career. He personally asked each guest not to take pictures, for the safety of the children involved. Why can't some bitches listen? He asked himself furiously. She took a picture of herself, but in the background Cael was playing with the twins. That was exactly what he didn't want, a photo of Cael together with the twins circulating in the media. He didn't have the woman's contact, so he called the director who she was dating. The man tried to say it wasn't such a big thing, and he could just let her have that photo, as it wasn't that important. But Thi argued that he didn't authorize any photos of the twins, or the event, nor did anyone in the event authorize her to take pictures of them.