CHAPTER XXIII

Their mommy roughly explained that they had to stay with uncle Nate and dad Cael for a while, and that he and daddy Cy wouldn't be able to see them much. But uncle Nate and dad Cael would take really good care of them, and they shouldn't worry. He and daddy said they loved them very much, and they will call every day. Collin couldn't really understand the situation well, he just looked at his brother who was about to cry. Mommy doesn't want us to cry, he thought, I have to be strong for mommy and daddy. He held his brother's hand tightly and looked at his mother and daddy with a big smile.

"I will hug Jinx lots", he said with laughter. "And play a lot".

"And you'll be a good big brother?", Cyrus asked.

"Yeah", he said and looked at Killian. "Lian, I will be a good bro". He smiled again and hugged his brother. Killian cried a lot. As they chose which toys to take, Killian threw a tantrum saying that he would miss all his toys and he needed to take all of them. The same thing as they were choosing the clothes. He cried all the way to Nate's apartment.

"Don't cry lil bro. Mommy will be sad. Like when he was sick. We need to be strong. Don't cry", Collin whispered to Killian as they arrived. He held his brother's hand tight and smiled. "Smile for mommy".

"Okay", Killian said, gloomy.

As they said goodbye, Cyrus and Antoine gave each of the boys a big hug and assured them that everything would be okay. Killian held back his tears, and he was about to tell them not to go when Collin grabbed his hand and waved saying:

"Bye-bye. We promise not to cry". He smiled.

"We promise", Killian agreed, not knowing if he could withhold that promise.

As Cael led them inside, Collin started to call the cats.

"Jinx, where are you?"

"He is sleeping", Nate answered, "You can play with him when he wakes up".

"Okay", Collin answered bummed.

"Hey, kiddo. I think I finally learned how to make chocolate popcorn. Would you like to try it?" Cael asked Killian who was still in the entrance.

"No. I don't want it". Killian said. "I'm going to bed".

He went to the bedroom, dragging along the bag that was too big for him. He went slowly. All the way, Collin kept looking at him.

"I'll play Jenga. With dad". Collin shouted to his brother.

"I'm going to sleep". Killian answered.

Killian got his whale plushie from his bag and hugged it to sleep. Collin was playing Jenga with Cael, but not paying attention. When he made it fall for the third time in a row, he got up and, without saying a word, entered the room and got in bed with his brother hugging him. He caressed the little boy's head and just stayed there. Killian began to cry, and Collin just stayed there in silence. When Cael came in to check them, they were hugging each other while sleeping. As it was still early, he let them sleep until lunch. Before he went to call them, Collin was already awake looking for something to eat.

"I'm hungry", he expressed.

"Lunch is almost ready", Cael answered.

"Hmmm", he said. It was possible to see how his brain was between saying again that he was hungry and getting something to eat now, or being patient and waiting for lunch. "I'm hungry", he repeated. "But I'll be a good boy". He said and sat down to watch cartoons.

When lunch was ready, Cael went to call Killian, who hugged his neck with one arm while holding to his whale with the other. Cael almost squealed of joy from Killian cuteness, but he still had to wake the boy up.