Chapter VII

"Sorry, I didn't know they would react like this", Thierry answered as he looked at Cael. "Killian..."

Thierry didn't know what to say. Killian was a smart kid, but he didn't think he would understand all that was happening just by looking at Cael. And he didn't think he would react like that. Collin has always been close to Dev, but Killian put up a barrier limiting how close the man could get. But the idea that someone would substitute him made the boy tear down the wall and let his feelings flow in a big wave.

While he thought of his boys crying back in the car, Thierry looked at Cael's gloomy face. It must be hard to be rejected by his own sons. And worse when they run away from you crying.

"It's okay", he said. A fake and tearful smile tried to hide the sadness in his eyes. "They are kids, we can't control how they will react".

"I'll talk to them, and we can try it again next time. But I believe we should take it slowly, until they are ready to be near you". Thierry answered, feeling guilty and a little bit of pity toward the man who couldn't even hold his sons.

It was strange. Until a few days ago, he didn't even want him to know about them. But now he was working towards a good relationship between them. Part of him questioned why he was doing that. But the other just asked: What if it was you? What if you were just a few meters away from your kids and couldn't hold them?

Thierry looked how disappointed Cael was with the whole situation, and he held his hand, like he would do with the boys when something bad happened, and he just said:

"I'll talk to them. I promise, everything will be alright".

---------------*--------------

On the way back, you could hear a fly's wing flapping. The boys were sleeping, their eyes swollen and red from the crying. When they arrived home, they laid them down on their beds.

"I'll prepare us something to eat", Thierry said and left Dev with the boys. Dev just stayed there, looking at them, thinking.

He still remembered when Thierry told him he was pregnant. Thierry had just arrived in the country and Dev asked him to go out to drink. As they were ordering, he noticed Thierry just asked for some soft drinks.

"Uh? Why are you ordering that? We are celebrating! You should get some good drinks!" Dev enticed him.

"I can't." Thierry answered, unfazed.

"Why? Some crazy diet?", Dev laughed.

"I'm pregnant", Thierry said, without changing his expression.

Dev pestered him that he should have told him that earlier. Asked how many weeks, who was the father, if the two of them were together, if they were getting married. Before Thierry could answer one question, Dev was already saying the next. When he understood that the man was a one night stand and was totally out of the picture, he held Thierry's hand and said:

"I'll be this baby godparent and will give him everything I have. He will be the most spoiled baby in the world".

Since then, Dev didn't leave Thierry's side and accompanied him wherever he went. He would always get him after work and take him home. He would take him to the doctor, and accompany him during the doctor consultation. He reminded Thierry of taking his vitamins and prepared him his weekly meals and froze them so he could be more comfortable. He would get him food when he had his cravings. And Thierry felt comfortable with Dev around, he could trust him and knew that if he imposed a limit, Dev would follow it. But he never had to.

But their relationship changed during the fourth month. The babies were not developing well and Thierry felt constantly sick. The doctor examined him and came to a quick conclusion: