CHAPTER XXIV

Thierry woke up in alert, his whole body aching and a nauseating feeling coming from his stomach. He sought Dev on the other side of the bed, but it was empty. The nauseating feeling increased, with the memory of last night's nightmare shaking his body. He ran to the bathroom and kneeled next to the toilet and put out all his stomach's content. He sat down on the floor, his stomach still hurting and asking for him to keep throwing up. The nausea was normal, he remembered feeling the same thing last time with the twins. But the nightmares. It had been ages since he had such a vivid and horrible one. He hugged his legs and began to cry. That was when Dev opened the door. He got some paper and cleaned Thi's mouth. He got another paper and cleaned his tears.

"What happened, love? Why are you crying?" Dev knew there was more to it than just morning sickness.

"I had a nightmare". He answered, his head between his legs.

"One of those?"

"Yeah".

Since he came to this world, Thierry had nightmares with the original story. Vivid and realistic nightmares, and he didn't know if it was showing him the previous version of this reality, or his brain producing things from his subconscient. Probably a mix of the two. He had constant nightmares with Thierry's previous life, all the torture he went through and his terrible end. But it didn't end at that. There was also Devin and his relationship with the original Cael, and the lives of all the omegas who suffered at the mercy of the Delaney family. He could feel all the pain from those lives, every time a nightmare came. With time, they became less frequent, but also changed to fit his new reality. Then, he could only wonder if they were just his apprehension and anxiety talking, or something else. He had many nightmares when he met Cael again. It was Dev who walked him through his anxieties and helped him choose the right path. But now, the nightmares are many times worse. He dreams about them obtaining guardianship of the kids and him not being able to see them anymore. Being publicly framed as a child abuser and losing even his children that are yet to be born. And, in the future, when they find one of the twins is an omega, they will sell him to the highest bidder, and he, Thierry, won't be able to do anything about it. He won't be able to save the kids from becoming what the original Cael became or living a torturing life as a reproducing bitch for some rich and old magnate. And even if they didn't win, they would still find ways to interfere in their lives and claim that they had the right to be there as the grandparents. So, in the end, the future just sucked. Unless he ended them for good, in a way that they couldn't come back.

Thierry narrated his last dreams to him. One moment or another, he had recounted basically every important dream to him, and he helped him walk through what they meant together.

"And what do you take from all this?" He asked, also sitting on the floor next to Thierry, who held to the toilet.

"That I must end them somehow. Expose every dirty secret and every corrupted action. Make them crawl like the vermin they are, and let them eat shit. That's what they deserve. To writhe in the shit they created and be punished for all the damage they caused".

"And what will you get from it?"

"First: they will stay away from my kids and never even think about messing with them again. Second: I'll get justice for every person they hurt. Even if it's not for all of them, I'm tired of not doing anything. I read the story, and revisited it every night since childhood. And I did nothing 'cause I was afraid that they would hurt me, my family, and later my kids. But why should I still be afraid when they are already taking action to hurt the people I love? I have power, money and connections that could scare even a mafia boss. So why do I cower?"

"Hubby, I just wish you could do it consciously, thinking about all the consequences of your actions and what you really want to achieve with it. I just wish that it doesn't come from a place of simple revenge and anger. So if you can think about it and still think it's the right decision, I will support you and help you in everything I can".