010

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

—— THEY HAD BEEN walking for a while, the cramps in her legs were bothering the living hell out of Azalea and all her friends had been speed walking twice as fast

—— THEY HAD BEEN walking for a while, the cramps in her legs were bothering the living hell out of Azalea and all her friends had been speed walking twice as fast. "We aren't gonna be able to outrun them for very long." Grover kept speed walking. Azalea picked up a little run to catch up.  "We don't need to we just need a safe place to hold up."

Azalea took a few big steps and was on Percy's left side. "Some place safe." He said. "it doesn't need to be safe just some where we can stop." The short girl groaned.

"Any idea where we might find one of those?"

"I do, a sanctuary, dedicated to Athena. Built by one of her demigod children a long time ago." Annabeth told them. "Great that's good." Azalea announced. They were coming up on the end of the alley. "There's is an Athenian temple hidden somewhere. In the middle of downtown St. Louis" Grover questioned.

"Yes. Except it's not all that hidden." Annabeth spoke. Azalea walked around the puddle and stopped in her spot when she saw the massive arch high in the sky. "Wow!" She had never seen something like this in her life, it was amazing. Looking back down she realized she had gotten far away from her fast friends and ran to catch up with them. They were all making their way down the stairs to the entrance of the arch. "Wow, Annabeth it's amazing." She wondered at what was in front of her.

"It's 630 feet wide, and 630 feet tall, both to with in an inch." The brown haired girl told them continuing to walk into the arch. "It's got no internal support. Each side balanced perfectly against the other. The arch is held up by symmetry, it's held up by math."

Azalea stopped right before walking into the building causing her friends to stop in there spot as well wondering why the blonde was a few steps behind them. She stared straight up to the tippy top of the arch. "That would be a long fall." She commented her mouth hanging a bit open as she stared up. Percy walked up the steps and stood next to her looking up at the arch "yeah it definitely would." He agreed with the shorter girl. "Come on." They continued walking together inside of the building.

"It's also earthquake-proof. So Poseidon can't ruin it."

"Nice." The son of Poseidon acknowledged.

"Excuse me." Azalea slightly moved through some kids that were huddled together. "This is how you show Athena your love. A monument to the power of perfection." Annabeth continued.

Strolling into a room with paintings on the wall and different idiom all over the tables. "It's a monument to some other stuff, too." Grover looked at the artifacts and animal parts scattered around. "You're talking about what some humans want this place to be about. I'm talking about what it actually is." Annabeth corrected.

"Whatever." Grover brushed it off. "We're safe here, right."

"No monsters can enter, not even Echidna. We're safe." Annabeth uttered.