014

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

—— DUMB BLONDE WAS one of the many names she had gotten back in California

—— DUMB BLONDE WAS one of the many names she had gotten back in California. Starting from when Azalea was 6 and in kindergarten she had failed all her classes never being able to pay attention or make out a sentence, she was always the dumbest of the class. After hearing it so much she started to believe it as well. It was to the point of bullying, people would never choose to work with her and as the year went on it got worse and worse until her dad pulled Azalea out of school. Dumb blonde had left an imprint on her heart to this day where she would do anything to feel like people wanted her and that they thought she was useful. At camp she would spend a lot of days trying to prove that she wasn't a dumb blonde and instead a smart girl when the time would come.

Azalea took many shaky breaths staring at the boy. She had come to be very fond over, covered by solid gold. The loud bang of the shield dropping made Azalea jump, her teary eyes moving away from Percy and she slowly walked behind the chair to Ares shield.

It laid silently on the floor, all this for a piece of metal, a piece of fucking metal. Azalea whipped her tears away, crouching down behind the chair, staring at the complexity of all the moving parts. She had no clue what she was doing but Azalea was willing to try anything. The blonde turned in twist almost every gear in sight hoping to find a way to reverse what had happened. No matter what Azalea was not leaving without Percy.

A door opening took her attention away from the gold throne and to a man standing an a walk way above. "Can I help you?" She paid no attention to his words, and went back to figuring out how she would get Percy out of the chair. "Do you need some help finding your way out."

He played a harmony on his flute, rumbling could heard as stairs rows up from the platform they were on. "So of you go."

Azalea turned back to the gears "I'm not leaving with out my friend." She said loudly.

"Yeah that isn't really how it works." Azalea attempted to turn more gears. "It's kind of a one way sort of thing, it can't be undone." The man spoke.

Azalea turned her head to look at him "How do you know?" She wiped her last tear away.

"Because I built it." He said proudly, that's when she realized she was talking to Hephaestus.

"I'm not leaving here without my friend." She sighed "and if you aren't going to help me could you maybe leave me alone so I can focus."

"In spite of what my brother might've told you, I am not someone who'll be pushed around. I know a certain goddess that was displeased with you and your friends recently. We all know how she gets, but this was a lot." The gods words made her pause her action of some how undoing the machine. "Even for her."

Azalea stood up from her spot the frustrations grew in her. Every thing was just a mess and this god was talking to her like nothing had happened. "You walk outta here with that shield and you're a hero. On your way to the greatest glory, all of the gods would be happy with you and everything will go back to being as it always has been. Always will be... as it should be."