XVIII : Escape

ESCAPE

"Travis, I need to ask you something, and I want you to be honest with me." She spoke seriously, concerned. Not wanting Travis to lie to her for her own comfort.

There, they sat in the front of Lillith's car after just having ice cream, the music had been turned down for conversation matters.

"Okay.. What is it?" Travis asked worriedly, concerned for what the question may be.

"I need to know if you're comfortable with going back to your father's house to get anything else you might need. I bought a home here in town, and I was wondering if you'd come live with me. You don't have to if you don't want to, you can be honest." She didn't know if her son would be fully comfortable with going back there, or living with her for that matter.

Travis's mouth had turned into a smile, "Yes, yeah, of course I want to live with you! And yeah, we can go back there." He spoke truthfully, wanting nothing more than to live the life he had deserved with his mother.

"Okay, and I promise you, I will make sure you will never have to see him again." As much as she wanted to insult his name in many ways, she wanted to keep the peace for her son. (literally my mom towards my dad)

Lillith drove towards the house that had belonged to Kenneth, both of them almost let out a sigh of relief once they realized his car wasn't in the driveway, neither of them wanting to face that sad disgrace of a man.

Travis let out a deep exhale as he opened the door, which thankfully, had been unlocked.

He was right, there was dried blood on the floor. It was only a little bit, but it still frightened him deeply. He quickly dashed upstairs, grabbed a few bags, and mostly took things he hid at the back of his closet. Things as stuffed animals, drawings, old clothes, most of them were things Larry and Phillip had given him that his father has said to throw away.

He saw a framed photo hidden in between the wall and his wardrobe, one of him and Larry when they were only seven. He stared at it for just a few seconds, feeling nothing but guilt and shame.

He grabbed anything he could, but then he suddenly heard the door open downstairs, assuming it's his mother checking in on him. He grabbed the last few things he needed, and walked back downstairs, only to look up to realize it wasn't his mother who had walked in, it was his father.

"How dare you come back here? I had hoped you were to much of a pussy to come back, and that clothing? I did not raise you to be some kind of.. Sinner." Kenneth spoke, full of anger, like before, he started dangerously walking towards his son.

Travis tried his best to back up anywhere, in hope he'd be safe from his fathers punishments, and anything to say anything to defend himself, but he ended up with the collar of his shirt in his father's hand, being pushed back against the wall, too scared to say anything.

"Kenneth!" His name had been shout, turning around to see not only Travis's mother, but the authorities.

"We've seen all we need to see. Kenneth Phelps, you're under arrest, put your hands behind your back." Kenneth quickly backed away from his son and tried defending himself, "wait, wait, I can explain!" He was quick to preserve himself, only a multitude of things could happen while he's in prison.

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in court." The officer finished, forcefully walking Kenneth out to the police car in handcuffs, the only thing he was panicking about internally, was his 'work'.

Travis was absolutely blown away, he had full doubt the investigation was even going to go anywhere. His hands were trembling as they were put up to his mouth, tears of shock rolling down his face, his breath had been staggered, trying to keep calm and collective like he had been when he walked in the cursed place.