Chapter 9

Jeongyeon's POV

All of us are eating quietly as always, until Sana breaks the silence and ask her the most unexpected question.

"Ria are you always like this? Is masking your emotions your expertise? Or you just don't trust us to show your emotions? Probably all of you noticed as well but won't ask as always." She said to Ria emotionless. Sana is scary every time she's serious about something.

"What do you mean? I'm showing my emotions or am i?" Ria answered with a hint of confusion.

"Hahaha! We saw you a while ago, when Jihyo's make a mistake by putting too much pressure on your burn. I, no We all know it's painful but you smile sweetly despite those eyes saying you're in pain, so much pain. We followed you outside, we saw how sad and lonely you feel inside. How can you show us you're okay when you're not." Sana said without filtering any words, so that's the reason why they're like that. We're waiting for Ria's response and staring at her.

"Sorry unnie but I'm really trying to show everything like be transparent but I can't. I grew up without the permission to show negative emotions like pain, upset, sadness, things like that. My parents told me to be careful when showing emotions to people because they take advantage of it." She explain to us without looking at us. What if she's lying to us? Maybe she's trying to get sympathy from us, but if she's telling the truth what kind of parent is that? This is hard, better to observe still she haven't done anything wrong so maybe it's fine for now. I thought Sana's done questioning her but no.

"If that's true then practice being transparent and vice versa. Don't try lie Ria, we'll find out anyway." Sana said with a warning tone. She nod, we continued eating like nothing happened but it's so awkward now.

3rd Person's POV

After a few, they finished eating and Ria wants to wash the dishes but they all disagree. She remained sitting there and them serving like she was the one should be doing that. They all look at each other like they're talking in their minds. Sana won't accept that explanation that's why she wants to talk to her alone.

Sana's POV

It hurts Ria seeing you like this, I don't know why but I care about you so much like I've never cared like this to anyone before. I couldn't hold myself back and hug her from her side. Why do they have to this? I hug her tight.

"You don't deserve this, baby." I told her and she just hug me back burying her face on my neck and I can feel her breath getting heavier. Is she going to cry?

"Thank you unnie." She whispered to me.

This is all I can do for you right now, I promise to treat you right. It hurts to know that this is how you live your life, I don't know what it feels like to be an orphan so I won't be able to relate with you. I feel someone glaring at me, I look around and it's Jihyo unnie. I glare back I haven't forgive her from what she did to my baby. She hurts her physically, unintentional or not I don't care. I can feel the other feeling the tension between us. I rolled my eyes and focus on Ria I think she falls asleep while hugging me, cute. Sleep well my princess.