Hola Mumbai

Abhi was sitting in his cabin at the hospital, looking at the pile of files on his desk. After Akshu died in a car accident. He felt like he had nothing to live for, except his son Abhir, who was the only reason he got up every morning.

He picked up an envelope from the stack of mail and opened it. It was an invitation to attend a seminar in Mumbai, where he was supposed to give a keynote speech on the latest advances in neurosurgery. He scanned the letter briefly and then tossed it aside.

Abhi- "I won't go,"

he muttered to himself.

Abhi- "I would have gone if my Akshu was alive and with me. But what's the point of seeing the world when I have no reason to live? And I won't leave my reason to live, my Abhir, my son, alone. I won't go anywhere."

He heard a knock on the door and looked up. It was Manjari, who had come to give him lunch. She entered the cabin with a smile and a tiffin box in her hand.

Manjari- "Hello, Abhi kaisa hai mera bachaa?"

Abhi got up and hugged her. He loved his mother dearly and was grateful for her support and care. He said,

Abhi- "I'm fine, ma. How are you? Is Abhir got home from school?"

Manjari smiled and said,

Manjari- "I'm fine too, beta. And Abhir is doing well. He is playing with his toys at home. He misses you a lot, you know. He keeps asking when you will come back."

Abhi felt a pang of guilt and said,

Abhi- "I know, ma. I miss him too. I'll come back soon. I just have some work to finish here."

Manjari nodded and said,

Manjari- "I understand, beta. But you also need to take care of yourself. You can't work all the time. You need to eat something. Come on, I have brought your favorite food. Let's have lunch together."

She opened the tiffin box and placed it on the table. She had made aloo paratha, dal, and raita for him. She knew he loved these dishes and hoped he would eat something.

Abhi smiled and said,

Abhi- "Thank you, ma. You are the best. But I'm not really hungry right now. Maybe later."

Manjari frowned and said,

Manjari- "No, beta. You can't skip your meals. You need to eat something. You are already so thin and weak. You need to stay healthy and strong. For yourself and for Abhir. Please, beta. Just have a bite."

She took a paratha and tore a piece. She dipped it in the raita and offered it to him. She said,

Manjari- "Here, beta. Try this. It's delicious. You will like it."

Abhi sighed and said,

Abhi- "Okay, ma. Just one bite. For you."

He opened his mouth and took the bite. He chewed it slowly and swallowed it. He had to admit, it was delicious. He felt a warmth in his stomach and a slight hunger in his throat. He said,

Abhi-"It's good, ma. Thank you."

Manjari smiled and said,

Manjari- "You're welcome, beta. Have some more. You will feel better."

She gave him another bite and then another. She watched him eat with satisfaction and love. She was happy to see him eat something after a long time. She hoped he would regain his appetite and his health.

She looked around the cabin and saw an envelope on his desk. She picked it up and opened it. It was an invitation to attend a seminar in Mumbai, where he was supposed to give a keynote speech on the latest advances in neurosurgery. She read it and said,