Agreeing

Abhi sat on the bed, holding a framed photo of Akshu in his hands. He looked at her smiling face, feeling a pang of sadness and longing in his heart. He spoke softly, as if she could hear him.

Abhi- "Hey, Akshu. It's me, Abhi. I miss you so much. You know, Abhir is growing up so fast. He's six years old now. He's smart, funny, and kind. Just like you. He's the best thing that ever happened to us."

He paused, taking a deep breath. He continued, his voice trembling.

Abhi- "But he's also lonely, Akshu. He doesn't have a mother. He sees his cousins with their moms, and he feels left out. Ruhi ko Aarohi ke haath se khaana khate dekhta hai toh uski aankhon mein woh tumhe kitna miss karta hai. Jab kriyansh krishna se kahaani sunta hai naa toh voh chahta hai ki tum bhi usse aakar kahani sunau usse sulao. Jab shefali bhabhi shivu ko school bhejti hai aur receive karti hai main jaanta hu woh tumhe us time kitna miss karta hai. He asks me about you all the time. He wants to know who you were, what you liked, how you met me. He wants to know why you had to leave us so soon."

He wiped a tear from his eye, clutching the photo tighter.

Abhi- "And he wants me to marry again, Akshu. He wants me to find someone who can be his mother. Someone who can love him and care for him. Someone like Anaira."

He shook his head, his voice breaking.

Abhi- "But I can't, Akshu. I can't marry Anaira. I can't marry anyone. Because I still love you. You're the only one for me, Akshu. You're my soulmate. My life partner. My everything. How can I forget you? How can I replace you?"

He buried his face in the photo, sobbing quietly.

Abhi- "I'm sorry, Akshu. I'm sorry I can't make Abhir happy. I'm sorry I can't move on. I'm sorry I can't let you go."

He didn't notice Manjari standing at the door, she heard him a lone tear escaped from her eyes but she wiped it off and walk towards him. He didn't notice the gentle hand on his shoulder, or the warm voice in his ear.

Manjari- "Abhi, beta. It's okay. I'm here."

He looked up, startled. He saw Manjari, his mother, standing beside him. She had a compassionate expression on her face, and tears in her eyes. She sat down next to him, wrapping her arms around him.

Abhi- "Maa, I..."

"Shh, Abhi. Don't say anything. I know. I know how you feel. I know how much you love Akshu. I know how much you miss her. I know how hard it is for you."

She stroked his hair, soothing him.

Manjari- "But I also know how much you love Abhir. I know how much you want him to be happy. I know how much he needs you."

She pulled back, looking into his eyes.

Manjari- "Abhi, beta. Listen to me. Akshu is gone. She's not coming back. But she's still with you. She's in your heart. She's in Abhir. She's watching over you. And she wants you to be happy, too."

She took his hand, squeezing it.

Manjari- "Abhi, beta. You have a chance to be happy again. You have a chance to give Abhir a mother. You have a chance to make a new family. With Anaira."

She smiled, gently.

Manjari- "Anaira is a wonderful girl, Abhi. She loves you. She loves Abhir. There is no issue if you don't love her but Abhir does and so does she loves Abhir. Tum akele kaafi nahi ho Abhi. I know tum uski life main Akshu ki har kami puri karne ki koshish karte ho. Par beta he still misses his mother. Usse apne maa ki kami lagti hai aur ye baat tum bhi ache se jaante ho. Abhi beta apne liye nahi sahi ek baar Abhir ke liye Anaira ko chance dekar toh dekho."