College

Next Day

Abhi and Anaira was sitting on the couch of the living room. Anaira was going through the Magazine while stealing glances of Abhi and Abhi was waiting for someone to arrive. He was again and again looking at the door.

After sometime he heard a car sound and became happy and stood up and start pacing around to pass time till the person arrived at the door.

Dr. Saxena and his daughter Aditi arrived at the Birla house, where they were greeted by Abhimanyu. Abhi taking long steps reached at the door to welcome them when his eyes fell on someone. He recognised the face but can't remember where he have seen the face.

Abhi- "Welcome, Dr. Saxena. It's an honor to have you here. And you must be Aditi. I've heard so much about you from your father."

Abhi shaking their hands warmly.

Aditi- "Thank you, Abhi. It's good to see you after so long. You've done very well for yourself."

She and Abhi had been classmates in medical college, and had shared a close friendship. They had lost touch after graduation, as they pursued different specialties and careers.

Abhi- " Aditi please don't mind have we met before because i don't know why but after seeing you it feels like i have seen you somewhere but just can't remember anything and you yourself said that its good to see me after long si just asking."

Aditi- "Abhimanyu you don't remember me i am officially hurt by this. You remember your college days we were classmates even we attended so many workshops and did so many assignments and practical together."

Abhi- "Aditi Saxena i apologise for this but how are you its good to see you after so long. Please, come in. Anaira is waiting for you in the living room."

Abhi said, leading them inside.

Abhi- "Anaira, look who's here. It's Dr. Saxena and his daughter Aditi. They're here to help us understand your case properly."

Anaira looked up, and smiled politely. She did recognize them, they were the ine who helped her during her accident days. She remembers Abhi asking for his visit as he want to know the ways to cure her. He was the only person who cared for her this much. She is in aww of his care. He was the only person who made her feel something, even if she did not know what it was.

Anaira- "Hello, Dr. Saxena. Hello, Aditi. It's nice to meet you guys again after so long. How are you guys doing right now?"

Dr. Saxena- "Hello, Anaira. We're very happy to meet you too. You're a very brave and strong woman."

Dr Saxena was sitting next to her. He was a renowned neurologist, who had agreed to take up Anaira's case as a requested by Abhi. He had studied her medical records during the accident, and had some hope of restoring her memory.

Anaira- "Thank you, Dr. Saxena. I don't feel very brave or strong, though. I feel lost and confused."

Dr. Saxena- "Don't worry, Anaira. We're here to help you. I will explain to Abhimanyu about your case while i am here i will also meet my patients family as well."

Anaira- "About Goenka you are talking about."

Aditi- "How do you know we are talking about them only Anaira. Do you know them in anyway."

Abhi- " Sir, they are our my wife and my sister in law maykaa. Actually when i asked Anaira about you they were here only and told us about you and Naira Maa surgery as well."

Dr. Saxena- "Then can i meet Naira daughter if she is here by any chance. When i heard of Naira demise it was shocking to mee. There were lots of patients but she was special to me. The way they both fought with evey hurdle that life lay in there life made me admire them and learn that. "

Before Abhi can speak anything Anaira said

Anaira- "Dr i apologise but she is dead. She was his wife. But you can meet her son. I'll call Abhir."

Anaira said pointing at Abhi. And then left to call Abhir.

Abhi- "Sir, I'll be really quick the girl you just met is Naira Maa daughter but as you know already she lost her memory and we don't wanted to reveal unless we come to know everything about her condition."

Dr. Saxena- "Well when i met her first time i doubted that but you hust confirmed my doubts. So i need full Medical History of her then inly i can comment anything on her condition. We have to like do many things to get her memory back."

Abhi- "Yes, I'm ready. Anything to get her memory back."

Dr. Saxena- "Okay, then. Let's begin. Aditi, can you get the laptop and the papers?"

Aditi- "Sure, dad."

Aditi said, getting up. She passed the laptop to doctor Saxena and get busy in talking with Abhimanyu. Abhi and her talking about the college days and relieving the memories. At the same time Anaira arrived there with Abir. She noticed Aditi and abhi talking with each other and laughing at something. She first smile at this scene. But soon she heard a voice from her brain.

Anaira- "They both look good together and even are friends with each other. Also belong to the same field Doctors. Most importantly she has her memories with her. She know about her past while me what is she? What identity she has she is nothing most importantly Abhi loathe her existence and just tolerating her because of Abhir but he doesn't love her. Kahi Aditi hi toh Abhi ke liye perfect match hai ye toh indicate nahi karna chah rahe bhagwan ji. Nahi nahi main kuch jyada hi soch rahi hu. Aisa kuch nahi hain main hi jyada soch rahi hu aur kuch nahi."

Dr Saxena- "Abhi, Aditi, can you please join us? We're ready to start."

They snapped out of their trance, and walked back to the couch Dr. Saxena was sitting. They sat on either side of Anaira, who looked at them curiously. She sensed something between them, something that made her uneasy. She felt a pang of jealousy, a fear of losing Abhi. She did not know why, but she felt that he was hers, and that she was his. She clung to his hand, and looked at him with love.

Abhi felt her grip, and looked at her with guilt. He loved her, he so wanted to tell her that she is his Akshu his wife Abhir's mother but alas he can't do anything until he came to know about her condition completely ot else it will risk her life for forever which he doesn't want.

He squeezed Anaira's hand, and smiled at her with affection. He looked at Aditi, and smiled. He looked at Dr. Saxena, and nodded at him with readiness.

They began the discussion, hoping to find some answers, some solutions, some peace. But they did not know that they were about to face some challenges, some complications, some secrets to achieve that peace.