The Hotel Anniversary

Alastor stood in front of the bathroom mirror, adjusting his dark black bowtie. Today was an important day for the hotel, it was the one year anniversary since it had opened, and he was told to dress formally for the celebration. He had taken his suit through the washing machine, and had decked out his black and red gloves with ruby red stones. However, dressing up this fancy wasn't just for Charlie, and the hotel. Alastor had been starting to grow fond of Charlie's dad, Lucifer. The first time he had met, his royal highness, was when Charlie had invited him over to the hotel. To show him what she had been doing. Charlie had been given a meeting up in heaven, however, it had set in as a danger, as Adam and the exterminators wielded their spears at the hotel first. From the distance, Alastor had watched the mighty king save his daughter from Adam. Even though, the day they had met, had been a whole argument over who was the better parent figure.

Since that day, Alastor had felt a certain liking for his majesty. However, the real moment it changed, was just less than a month ago, when Lucifer had saved him, and broke the chains of his deal with Lilith.

Alastor double checked that he had everything ready, and took a deep breath before heading out the door. Even though it had been six months since the hotel was remodeled after being destroyed. Alastor somewhat still got lost in it sometimes. Ending up just wandering around the halls. What made it funny, was that the only places he usually visited in the hotel, where the main lobby, and Lucifers room. Alastor frowned at the elevators more modern day appearance, rather than it being old fashion. There where just so many buttons, that it out Alastor on edge.

"Alastor!"

Alastor turned around to see Lucifer running down the halls towards him.

"Wait for me!" He hollered.

"Yep, waiting." Alastor chuckled, staring at the king fondly. "You know," Alastor mentioned, "Charlie still thinks that we hate each other."

"I wonder what she would think, if we told her that we had become good friends, ay?" Lucifer smiled, his tall black boots freshly polished. His suit nice and clean, with his sharp black bowtie placed neatly on the collar of his neck. As well as the golden snake, and the lushes red apple that was placed on the brim of his white top hat, where bright and shiny. "I just couldn't decide what to wear for such an occasion, but my normal outfit never ceased to not charm."

Alastor laughed, "Your quite a handful, my king." He pressed the button for main floor, and stood in silence in the elevator.

Lucifer looked up at Alastor, "I heard that Charlie was bringing everyone out to dinner, after the party, if they wanted to go."

Alastor glanced over, "Is that so?" He had never gone out to a fancy dinner in a long time. Perhaps, not ever. He wasn't one to go out often. The only times he usually ever went out to eat, was with his mom when she was alive. But, he that hardly ever happened, even then. "I'm not sure if I'll go, even if that is true."

Lucifer seemed startled. "How come?"

Alastor looked up, as they reached the main lobby. "It doesn't matter, come on." He sighed, waiting for the doors to open.

Charlie was standing by the television, talking to Vaggie. While Nifty was meticulously sweeping the floor. Alastor approached her, and tapped her shoulder. "Nifty dear, I think the floors are clean enough."

Nifty groaned. "It has to be perfect, everything has to be perfect!" She grabbed her duster, and began to dust off the tables.

Alastor rolled his eyes, and searched around for Husker, Angel. Spotting them just out of the corner of his eye, lounging near the fireplace, one of the only things not modernized in this large hotel.

During the party...

Alastor eased towards the back of the lobby, as sinners partied around the bar, and the TV. He wasn't very social with a lot of new demons, so he hung around the less populated areas of the room. Angel jumped in front of him.

"Come on Al, get fucked up!" He pleaded, offering Alastor a bottle of whiskey.

"Not going to happen, Angel." He informed, pushing away the bottle.

Angel frowned. "Really, didn't that time Mimzy blew up our wall, she had me ruined that you could 'pound whiskey like a sailor, then keep up with her on the dance floor!' dude seriously. I just don't see why you can't even have a little fun at a party!" Angel walked away over to Cherri, who was standing on the top of the bar.

Alastor spotted Charlie, insisting Cherri to get off of the counter. While Vaggie was threatening the enthusiastic demon with her spear. Amateurs... He sighed. He stood, leaning against the wall, shining up his monocle. He felt a light touch on his shoulder, and glanced over to notice Lucifer standing beside him.

"Aren't you enjoying the party, Al?" He asked, looking interested in what Alastor had to say. "If your not, we could find something else to do." Lucifer offered.

Alastor shook his head, "I can't leave, I promised Charlie I would come to this party, and I can't just end up disappointing her by leaving." He could feel Lucifer slide closer to him, and lightly squeezed the hand that was on his shoulder.

"Alright, if that's your decision, I'm fine with that." He started to walk away, then turned his head, "Just let me know if you change your mind pal, okay?"

Alastor felt immensely happy, "sure thing..." He watched as Lucifer headed towards Charlie, congratulating her on the hotels success so far. Alastor felt something, different, change inside of him. He felt, suddenly happier, after he talked with Lucifer. He couldn't help but thing, was he growing more than just fond, of Lucifer?