Mic Drop

Alastor sat in silence during the limo ride back to the hotel. He looked down at his watch, 2:43am...man, time flies. He rested his head on his hand, as he stared out the window. He sighed, glancing at every building that passed.

"Did you have a fun day?" Lucifer broke the silence, sliding over next to Alastor. "Hey, you alright?"

Alastor turned his head. "There was just, so many things I wanted to talk to my mom about, but didn't get the chance to." He felt Lucifer's gentle hand stroke his hair.

"I'm sure someday, you'll be able to see her again." Lucifer reassured, smiling.

Alastor forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm sure..." He took Lucifers hand off of his head, and he felt him flinch.

_

Back at the hotel...

Alastor pushed open the double doors to the hotel, as Lucifer followed behind him.

Charlie ran up to them. "Soooo~how did the guys day go?" She wondered, bouncing up and down.

"It went wonderfully~" Alastor sighed, glancing over at Lucifer.

"Well...we got something to show you!" Charlie chirped, running off. "Come on you two!"

Alastor watched as Lucifer chased after his daughter, and slowly made his way after them both. He followed them to the back of the lobby, over by the bar. "Oh~" he spotted a pool table, set up just along the end of the bar.

"Look! We just got it today! A friend of Husk's, donated it to us. Isn't it amazing?" Charlie piped, looking proudly at it.

"Why, it's quite spectacular Charlie!" Lucifer grinned, examining the carved details along the edge of the table. "Wow, it's engraved with gold."

"I know, it's fancy, right?" Charlie squealed.

Vaggie touched her shoulder. "Take a breather, babe." She suggested.

"My~my~look what the cat dragged in.." Angel leaned against Husk, who just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, my friend had a great offer for it. There was no point in declining it." Husk explained, smiling at the pool table.

"I think it was worth it, want to let me beat you in a round? Pussy cat~" Angel bopped Husk's nose.

"Stop it that!" Husk pushed Angel away jokingly.

"Grrr, kitty's got claws~"

Husk growled, squeezing his bottle of booze tighter. "If you don't shut the fuck up, I am going to shove this bottle up your throat!"

Angel smirked, "kinky~" he twiddled his fingers.

Alastor just rolled his eyes at the two, and looked at the features of the pool table. "Wow, I've never seen a pool table look like this, before." He glanced over at Lucifer.

"Hmm."

"Hey Al?"  Charlie walked over to him. "Yesterday, during my dad's party. We all gave him our gifts, did you?" She asked.

Alastor flinched. "Umm, not yet." His voice cracked. "Haha, dear Charlie, I have yet to find one!"

"Wait of minute.." Lucifer grinned, "Yesterday, didn't you say that you where also in a bad mood, because you lost something?"

Alastor laughed nervously. "I-I did?"

"Was what you lost, my gift?" Lucifer guessed.

Fuck, Alastor thought, looking away. "Wh-why would you think that?" He panicked, static coming from his voice. "I have to go do my broadcast now!" He lied, turning into a shadow.

_

Back in his room, he rummaged through a folder of songs, and picked out a few. "This should work." Alastor made his way up to his radio tower, and closed the door behind him. He tapped the bottom of the papers against the table next to him. Lining them up, then he set them down. "Now," he sighed, sitting down in his chair. He made sure everything was ready, and grabbed his microphone. He leaned back in his chair, propping his feet up. He cleared his throat, and began.

"Welcome to today's broadcast!" He projected, "What a wonderful day in hell it is~quite pleasant!" Alastor purred, suddenly forgetting what he was going to say. Crap! He fumbled his microphone, it slipping quickly from his hands. It hit the ground, and let out a high pitched noise. "Fuck!" Alastor grabbed his ears ears, pulling them against his head. "Oh-ow!" He reached down to pick up his staff, as the ringing got louder. "There seems to be a little interruption during today's broadcast!" He shouts over the ringing. "Stay tuned for tomorrow's broad-" he gets cut off, as his staff begins to crack. Alastor goes off air, and pitches his staff across the room. "Shut up!" The ringing just gets louder, with a high pitch static adding to the noise.

Alastor's ears pressed hard against his head, attempting to lower the noise. "Ouch.." he groans, stepping away from the mic. He summons the shadowy black tendrils from his back, and pierces them right through his staff. It glitches with radio static, as it breaks in half. He then falls to the ground, and leans against his chair, sighing in relief. He didn't bother to think a second about what just happened, as he relinquished in the silence. "Fuck...that actually hurt." He tugged at his ears, still partially hearing the ringing in them. "Ughh.." he closes his eyes, and just sits there. Opening his eyes, as he heard a knock at the door. "Come in!" He groaned, standing up.

Lucifer slowly pushes the door open. "What, just happened?" He asks, looking around spotting the broken mic. "Down in the lobby, the radio was going haywire." He explained.

Alastor growled in frustration, "I don't even know what happened."

Lucifer frowned. "Are you alright?" His voice hinted with a worried tone.

Alastor knew, that he looked like a mess. He rubbed his eyes, and looked up at Lucifer. "Yeah, I'm good." He mumbles, picking up the remains of his staff.

"Woah, your staff-it's broken!" Lucifer gasps.

"Yeah, I know!" Alastor growls, grasping the two pieces of the staff tighter.

Lucifer stands next to him, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Alastor was partially at fault, for the broadcast dilemma. It's not like he wanted to tell Lucifer the reason why. He didn't want his broadcast to go crazy, but his mind seemed to blank when he had forgotten what he was going to say. "Umm..sure."

"Alright, let's go to my room. We can talk about it there." He summoned a portal to his room.

_

"Ok, what happened?" Lucifer looked down at his deck of cards, "Do you have a...five?"

"Go fish."

Lucifer grew a card.

"I-" Alastor sighed. "I was doing my broadcast as usual, but then completely forgot what I was going to say. ~ do you have a nine?" He looked up from his hand.

"Fuck, go fish Alastor!" Lucifer chuckled.

Alastor drew a card, and placed it in his hand. "Then I dropped my mic, and it started making a bunch of loud sounds...that's basically it."

Lucifer frowned, "I can tell that's not all that happened.

Alastor bit his lip. "H-how do you know?"

"I'm just that good~" Lucifer watched as Alastor set down his hand of cards, he gazed at him sympathetically.