Breakdown

Alastor stood by the door, waiting for his mother to open it. It seemed as if she had accidentally locked it, as he had got out of school. And for some reason, never given him the key to the house. "Mother?" He called out, knocking once again.

His mother creaked open the door. "Why hello sweetie, sorry I didn't open the door sooner." She let him inside, and closed the door behind her. "I still really need to get you that key!" She chuckled, finishing drying off the plate she had in the sink. "Now that you're a Senior in highschool, and all that."

Alastor walked over to the radio, and clicked it on. "I know mother, you've been saying that for quite some time now."

"You know Al, you should really try to find a nice comfortable home to live in. Possibly start a family of your own one day." She sighed, placing the dish into the cupboard. "You don't have to keep taking care of me."

Alastor frowned. "There's nothing that makes me happier, than making sure your safe." He smiled once more, resting his hand on his mother's shoulder. "Hey, it's ok. You don't have to keep worrying about me, mom." He nudged her away. "Let me help with the rest of the chores.

"Oh you don't have to dearie." She insisted, grabbing the broom that was propped up against the counter.

Alastor shook his head. "No, I insist mother." He guided her towards the sofa. "Sit down, relax." He spoke in a soft voice. Handing her the book she had been reading.

"Thanks, Al." She whispered, kissing him on his forehead. "What would I ever do without you."

Alastor smiled, and headed over towards the kitchen, reaching for the broom. He began to sweep around the house, making sure he got as much dirt as he could find, into the dustpan. Once finished with sweeping, he searched around for another choor that his mother had started. He found the laundry, hanging up on a line outside. He grabbed a basket, and dropped the clothes down into it.

Once finished with the daily household chores, he kissed his mother goodbye, and went out to his new job.

13 years later...

Just a few years ago, Alastor's mother had been killed. Alastor's father had come back, announced, and continued abusing his mother. Alastor had been out doing a radio broadcast, and had finished up his long day with a hunt. He had came back to a gruesome scene, his mother, at gunpoint, by his father. "One more step!" His father had yelled. "One more step, and I'll shoot!" Alastor had known, either way, that his father was going to shoot. However, he had made the mistake of taking a panicked step. At that moment, his father pulled the trigger, and his mother bled out on the floor. Dead, within seconds. "You son of a bitch!!" Alastor had screamed at his dad, crying in anger.

Well, that day, just a few years ago, Alastor shot his father on scene. He tried not to remember the pain of losing his mother that day. But the memory always throbbed at his head, each time he killed. Alastor shook the memory from his head, as he hastily dragged a new victims body through the woods. Looking every which way, to make sure nobody was watching. At that moment, gunshots echoed through the trees. As if they where everywhere. Alastor sped up, tossing the body into the hole he had dug just earlier that day. As he shoveled the dirt over the body, a single gunshot, sounded from just a few hundred feet away. Puncturing right through his skull....

Alastor jolted awake, gasping for air. As he laid in his bed at the hotel. His dream startled him, as he covered his mouth with his hand. He didn't think that he had fallen asleep so suddenly, after escaping to his room after the incident at Lucifers party. Though, he must have. Alastor curled his legs up to his chest, as he broke down into tears at the memory. His smile wavering as he tried to hold it. This dreamlike memory, was unexpected. As if piled up on top of everything else that was going on lately.

"Fuck-" he wailed, slamming his face down into his pillow. He curled up on top of his blankets, his ears flat down against his head. He wasn't supposed to cry, the radio demon never cries. He breathing quickened, as he rolled over and faced his door. Why did I have to remember that? Especially now...He sat, propped up against the wall, and reached over towards his bedside stand. Grabbing an old book that he hadn't read in a while. Alastor wiped the tears from his eyes, and looked at the time. 7:00am... "Just another early morning..." He sighed, instead, setting his book back down. He then headed towards the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. He looked like an absolute mess.

Knock, knock...

Alastor peered around the wall, and stared at the door. "Who's there?" He asked, wandering over. He opened the door, to meet Lucifers red hot gaze. "Oh~why Lucifer." He groaned, looking the other direction. He felt Lucifer roughly grab his face, and turn it towards him.

"You going to tell me, what that was all about?!" Lucifer growled, showing no pity.

"Oh yes...why the incident at your party yesterday, my lord?"

"What else would it be asshole!" Lucifer stormed passed him, and slammed the door shut. He plopped down onto Alastor's bed. "Start talking." He ordered.

Alastor turned his gaze the other direction. "I'm not really in the mood to talk right now, shorty." He snarled, his radio voice gave way.

"Speak." Lucifer wouldn't take no as an answer, he stood up, and stood face to face with Alastor. "Why?"

Alastor pushed Lucifer away with his hand, and turned around. "What does, 'I'm really not in the door to talk right now.' mean to you?"

Lucifer pushed him to the ground. "Tell me, why did you ruin my daughters party that she set up?" A low growl, coming from deep inside his throat.

Alastor wouldn't speak, he didn't want to speak. He just wanted to be left alone for now. But if wasn't like trying to kick Lucifer out of his room without giving him an answer, was ever going to work. "Her idea!" His eyes turning to radio dials. "It was never, her idea!" He yelled, standing tall above the short king.

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Then who was it?" He asked, with a cocky tone.

"It was my idea, but since it's her hotel, she agreed!" He wailed slumping down to the floor. Covering his face with his hands. "I just wanted to do something nice, to thank you for saving me from that deal..." He whimpered, his voice faltering. He looked up, to see Lucifers eyes widen in shock. His thoughts seemed to whirl. "And I didn't mean to attack you!" He cried. "I couldn't control, ANY of it!" His fluffy ears flat down. "I couldn't control, myself. I-it just happened..." His body shattered. "I-I tried, so hard...to stop." He broke down into tears.

Lucifer shook, as he glared down at Alastor. He covered his mouth, as Alastor spit out the story of what happened. "Alastor..." He whispered, crouching down.

"My past...it's putting be down.." his voice stuttered. "In--into such...a deep pit.."

Lucifer crouched down onto his knees. And looked at Alastor. He reached out, and gently grabbed Alastor's chin, turning it up. "Alastor..." He spoke softly. "It's ok..I forgive you." He wrapped his arms around the deer demon. He felt Alastor flinch. He pulled him close, tightly hugging him. "Don't worry...everything will get better." Lucifer whispered.

Alastor didn't know how to react at first, but Lucifers soothing words, and warm hug. It reassured him, somehow. He liked it...