43

"Morning beautiful." Cassidy said quietly as Skye walked into the kitchen. Her lips pressed to his cheek careful of the sleeping child in his arms. She gently leaned into him her face burying in his shoulder as she still woke up. He didn't even hesitate to wrap his free arm around her shoulders before his lips pressed to the top of her head. "You sleep alright?"

"Slept perfect.... Just didn't expect you to leave so early." He chuckled lightly at her quiet words.

"I'm always up early.... She just woke me up earlier than usual because she couldn't sleep.... So now I've got limp biscuit over here." As she looked up at him their eyes met and she could feel his fingertips move lightly along her cheek. "Once I've gotten rid of thing one and thing two I'm taking you out on a proper date.... Oh fuck...."

"What?" She questioned as he let out a breath.

"I've got to get them back to their mom and I can't fly...." She lightly laughed.

"Sounds like a road trips' in your book." A slight groan came from his lips.

"There's no way in hell I'm going to be able to do it by myself." He said as his head fell back.

"I can help. I've always loved road trips and I've got time." His eyes found their way to hers. "Cass.... Wouldn't offer if I wasn't serious. I can drive when you can't and when we're both tired we can just stop and be smart about it. I don't know when the girls need to get back but we could plan something and see sights. I'm sure they'd love that." She could see him pause for a moment as he thought about it. After a few Skye could feel Cassidy's arm gently squeeze her as he spoke.

"Think I'd love that too."

~—~
"Are you two sure you're going to be alright?" Juice asked Cassidy and Skye for what had to have been the hundredth time. Both of them nodded before she spoke.

"I promise you we'll be fine Juicey. I'll keep you and Toni updated." He nodded before he went to the back seat.

"You two.... Be good. Especially for Skye." She could see Cassidy holding back a chuckle as the two young girls nodded at Juices words. "If anything happens I'm the first to know baby boy."

"Of course Juicey. Now gimme a kiss." Skye held back a laugh as Juice grabbed his face and kissed him on the cheek.

"Cassidy you better not steal my husband!" Toni could see his middle extend towards her at the words and she laughed as Juice retreated back towards her. Cassidy responded to her as his fingers laced with Skyes.

"Don't plan on it. He kisses too sloppy." Both women all but burst into laughter as Juice flicked Cassidy off.

"You love my kisses Baby Boy." He chuckled at the older man's words.

"I love you Juicey. The kisses are just.... Juicey, Juicey." He could barely keep it together as he started the car and could see Juice start to pout. "Oh my god...." She could hear the words said under his breath as his hand carefully slipped from hers. "Fine...." His seatbelt was undone before he exited the car and went towards juice before engulfing him in a tight hug. Cassidy sloppily kisses the older man's cheek before releasing him. "I love you Juicey you know that. Sloppy kisses are our love letters."

"Drive safe." He nodded at Juices quiet words before the two men let go of each other. To the surprise of just about everyone Cassidy paused before pulling Toni in for a hug.

"Thank you.... For everything." The blondes lips gently met his cheek before she squeezed him tighter.

"Please don't be stupid and let her drive when you're tired." He chuckled as he nodded at Toni's words. "Love you Cass." She said quietly as he pulled away.

"Love you too. Just stay out of my love life from now on would ya." He said with a wink earning the shove he got that started him back off towards the car.

"Only thing I'm going to say is take her on a date." A smile appeared along his lips as he chuckled. Toni could feel Juice lightly tap her side.

"Already plan on it." His eyes met Skyes as he climbed back into the car and she couldn't help her smile. "Ready?" He questioned her quietly as he buckled his seatbelt back up. She nodded before he looked into the back. "Thing one and thing two.... You both ready?"

"Yes!" He couldn't help but laugh lightly as he turned back towards Toni and Juice.

"We'll see you both at Dynamite." As the words left Cassidy's lips he could feel Skyes fingers gently lace with hers. "You three are in charge of music." He could feel her gently lean into him before her lips discreetly pressed to his shoulder.

"You are going to be murdered by girlie music." He chuckled lightly.

"Could care less because you're going to be murdered by my awful singing. You'll be surprised by what I know." A laugh escaped her lips as she found an appropriate playlist.

"I thought you didn't watch TV...." She commented as he sung along to the Frozen theme song.

"Look.... When they're here I've got no other choice especially when I can't take them to the beach. Also.... Don't you dare think I wouldn't know Frozen. Juice and I went to the theater to see both of them. It was a mate night." She looked up at him for a moment. "What...? Women have girls nights. Juice and I we have mate nights."

"You sure it's not Juice you should be dating?" As they stopped at a light he looked over at her before their eyes met.

"One thousand percent sure." That was when a stuffed animal from the backseat was thrown up front. "This is mine now." He commented as he set the soft plush toy on the dashboard.

"But Uncle Cass!" Sarah whined causing him to laugh.

"Don't throw it next time. For now he stays up here...." That was when Skye saw him pause as he looked at it. "Wait.... Is this the same one...." He grabbed the plush before looking at the bottom of it. A light chuckle escaped his lips before he handed it back to her. "If it hits me again he really is staying up here. You know he's special."

"What's so special about that one?" Skye questioned before a smile appeared along Cassidy's lips as he spoke.

"That one actually used to be mine."