CHAPTER - 4 Fresher's Day

Momo's POV

"I was looking into mirror... Finally I got ready for the big day... I combed my hair and held a high bun with bangs covering my straight thin eyebrows. I did a little makeup and mascara... Since it is group performance we all wore theme based dress. A-Line Coral Pink Princess Scoop Neck Knee-Length Evening Dresses with Lace and a matching Lens. 

It was decided that our performance will be fourth and we had enough time to getready. I went to MC desk to check for the arrangements. I was walking around the corridors and met fewother participants preparing for their skit, dance and other events. But when Icrossed across a room, I felt something wired. I my heart was beatinguncontrollably and my stomach was doing somersault.

My thoughts was interrupted when Alice camerunning,

"Momo , what are you doing? The function is about tostart. Let go....."

She was literally dragging me to the backstage. The officials, staffs and students all settledthe function was in full swing. There were amazing performances before and thestudents cheered. Few teased but students mingled together and enjoyed the performance. I was asnervous as next performance is ours.

"I am super nervous. Come on Momo... You can do it"

With that we walked on to the stage. Everyone eyed us aswe were the main leads. All boys eyed Alice as she was curling her hair which Iignored with honor. 

My eyes fell on Re who was shouting her lungs out for meand our team. I was so grateful for her. With that confidence we started ourperformance. The students waved their hands in unison. Wehave selected bunch of melodies. With my final high pitch our performance cameto an end. The audience erupted with cheers and I relaxed a bit. 

Therewas lot of people waiting for meeting Alice. I somehow managed to get out ofthe crowd and walked along the corridor. When I was about to enter the room Iwas pulled into a deep hug by RE.

Since RE had no work today, I literally begged her tocome home with me after the performance was done. "Wait here until I change.Then we shall go home. My family would be so happy to meet you" I grinnedwidely. "Ok go change fast" Re said and rolled her eyes. I came back wearing a White Tee and ripped Bluejean and wore a black denim jacket. I washed my face and did a minimal makeup. 

With that we watched few performances and it was time for us to leave. "Momo can I join you some other day?" Re asked. I glaredback she sighed. I literally dragged her outside the auditorium and I bid farewell to my team. Alice was taking selfie with others, I waved myhand and she winked.

Within 5 min we were walking near the university gate.Despite fighting and pleading my father sent a car with driver to pick us up. She was super nervous asit was the first time she is meeting my family. I showed her my family pictures but she washesitant to meet them. I met her parents recently they were so kind andher mother also gave me so much gifts. I wanted to inform my parents that we are aboutto leave the university. 

"Wait, lets inform mom that we are leaving" I said andsearched my purse for mobile. "What's wrong Momo?" Re asked as she saw metensed. "Oh damn! I forgot my mobile in the dressing room. Wait darling I'll back in a min." I came runningtowards the room and took my phone. I came out with my mobile butwas attracted by music which was heard from the next room.