CHAPTER -15 Convincing Bestie

Momo's POV

 "Momo... Listen... You are not doing anything wrong. Jim is normal person. But note the point he is not Alice's boyfriend. We call a person boyfriend when both are in any kind of relationship. It means he is no one to her and she was his crush that's it. You have all the rights to love him. Momo tell me one thing clearly, you want Jim to be happy and you love him wholeheartedly. You want to be with him in all his ups and downs right?"

She asked. I nodded my head agreeing. "Then why are you hesitating? Momo everyone in this world needs someone who can love them. He deserves someone who can love him for who he is. One who can stand by him and one who have the courage to face anything for his sake? And I know you well. You are his perfect match not like that bitch. Don't think too much. I want you to be cheerful and happy as always. Now forget all these and cheer up." She said holding my hands.

"Thanks RE... I thought you would discourage me for this. But you are so amazing." I pulled her into hug. "But there is one more problem. I don't know how to approach or what to do?" "We will figure out something OK! When RE is here no fear!!" she said flipping her hair earning a slight chuckle. I felt very low even though RE was trying hard to cheer me up. We continued our routine and after the classes are done Re helped me get a bus and I went home whereas RE went to café for work. 

"What is it Momo? Why are you looking dull? Did something happen? Are you sick?" my mother placed her palm on forehead checking temperature. "Mom I'm fine... it's just that I'm feeling tired can I lie on your lap for a while" I asked. I didn't want to break down in front of her. I wanted to pour my entire heart out but I thought this is not the right time. "Bruno, prepare some snacks and send it to Allen's Room. Make sure it's not too spicy. Nicole is baby's room cleaned properly?" she questioned. "Yes madam" she replied. She gave further instructions and followed me to my room. 

"Allen is at home so early" I asked her as soon as we entered my room. "He had some important files to be taken to office so he came back home. But when he was about to leave dad asked him to take care of the International client meeting from home. So he is in meeting." I got freshen up and lied on my mother's lap. She lovingly caressed my hair. Few drops of tears were rolling down which I wiped before she could notice. But soon I fell into a deep slumber. When I opened my eyes it was a bit dark outside. 

I checked time. "8 PM...God I slept for four hours." The whole day made me tired and my heart was aching about the thought of Jim and Alice. I sat in the bed for few more minutes and went to take a quick shower. I slowly went downstairs and found mom was in phone. Allen was busy with his laptop. He raised his head and stared at me for a minute. "Mom I'll be in garden for sometime... Please call me when dinner is ready."

I said and walked outside not even waiting for a single second. I sat in the bench facing the pond. I let the cool breeze pass through me. My eyes were continuously pouring out all the pain inside me. Suddenly a woolen shawl covered my shoulders. I turned to find it was Allen. He silently sat beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder. We sat there for few minutes and went back inside. My dad was back and we all had our dinner. I was not in mood to talk so I went back to bed wetting my pillows.