♡ CXCVII ♡

Hi friends! Welcome to the first chapter of book 2!!

So sorry I didn't upload it yesterday, I was at a Nothing But Thieves show with my friends and I couldn't find the time to upload as we had such a busy day! But here it is, as promised, chapter 196 ♥️

Thank you for being here!! Thank you for having added this story to your library and for reading this and following me to the new book with this time Joshie on the cover 💕

Really hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you for being here. Please don't forget to leave a like as it's the first chapter of the new book and I could reaaaally use your support to boost this book!!

And I can't wait to hear what you think of this chapter. It's a semi long one! Please enjoy, all my love! ♥️

Word count: 4329

~~

"Golden hour looks good on you, by the way", Tyler said.

Josh blushed as he looked down. "Yesterday it was twilight, now it's the golden hour?" He asked as he looked back up with a soft smile. Tyler shrugged. "What can I say? Every moment of every day will probably look good on you. I bet rainy days would look gorgeous on you. And sunrise... Oh, snowy days might take the crown. Your cheeks and nose would probably be all red from the cold... that could very well be my favorite", Tyler said.

"Oh gosh", Josh blushed, hiding his cheeks with his hands, but he couldn't help but smile. "Don't- don't tell me these things", he said. "Why not?" Tyler asked. "Because I- I don't know how to- how to handle that", Josh blushed. Tyler let out a laugh. "Well, it's kind of adorable, so... I'll keep doing it", Tyler said. "I'd apologize, but... I'm not really very sorry", he teased, and Josh rolled his eyes with a laugh. "You're making this worse", he said. "Maybe", Tyler smiled. "But I just think you're a pretty human."

Josh wanted to reply, he wanted to say something; he didn't know how to do so. He didn't know how to take those compliments, how to react to them, he didn't know what to say.

"These different moments of the day, just... enhance that", Tyler said. He took a drag from his cigarette. "Don't worry about replying, by the way. You really don't have to", he smiled. "Just want to let you know. Think it's important that you know that", Tyler said.

Josh let out a soft sigh. "Th- thank you", was the only thing he could say. "You're welcome", Tyler smiled. "But you really don't have to thank me. Just sharing the truth with you", he said.

They didn't speak for a while as they both looked at the sun, the water, and then Tyler sat down on the grass. Josh looked at him as he did so. "C'mon, sit with me", Tyler said as he patted the grass next to him. Josh did.

Again, they didn't say anything for a while, just enjoying the view and each other's company. But this time, Josh was the one to speak up first after a while.

"Can I ask you something?" Josh asked. "Yeah, anything", Tyler replied. He took another drag from his cigarette, before he extinguished it next to him. "Uhm... Could- could you tell me about that song you sang... It- it's not out", he said. "I think it was called... Running? When Steve and Lucas hugged you on stage after", Josh said.

"Oh yeah, definitely. Anything specific, or just in general?" Tyler asked. "Uhm... In general, if- if that's not too much to ask", he said. "No, I'll gladly tell you", Tyler assured him. "Uhm... I wrote it about my ex-boyfriend David", he started. "He uh... he wasn't... the worst boyfriend, not always", Tyler said. "I genuinely loved him, and I genuinely thought we could be... something, some day", he said. "But David was... difficult", he said.